Rate This Recipe:
Slow Cooker Bread Pudding made with day-old French bread, flavored with milk, butter, and cinnamon and studded with plump, juicy raisins.
I always think dessert is the exclamation point on a nice dinner. It enhances the meal and just puts the finishing touch on an evening for me. This Slow Cooker Bread Pudding is made with day-old French bread, plump, juicy raisins, and a delicious custard of milk, butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. It’ll rock your world.
Food historians say that bread pudding can be traced back to the early 11th and 12th centuries. Not surprisingly, it started as a way for frugal cooks to use up leftover bread.
And what a great way to use a stale loaf of bread! Cut it up, toss it with a rich, eggy custard, and bake it low and slow until it becomes a warm, velvety pudding. Yummy.
I like mine with a dollop of whipped cream. You might enjoy a scoop of ice cream. Either way, you’re gonna love it!
How to Make Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
Generously coat the inside of a small slow cooker with either butter or non-stick spray. Cut the bread into approximately 1-inch cubes.
Place the cubed bread and raisins in the slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until very well combined.
Pour the liquid mixture over the bread cubes and raisins. Toss so that everything is evenly coated.
Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes and toss again to make sure the custard mixture is evenly distributed.
Cover and cook on low setting 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. You’ll want to check at about 2 hours to see how it’s doing. Some slow cookers cook hotter than others. Those things just don’t have any specific temperature settings. Low on one may be totally different from the low setting on another.
Serve warm with a drizzle of cream, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Leftovers reheat very nicely.
More Recipes You May Like
- Lemon Lime Cake
- Old Fashioned Gingerbread with Lemon Glaze
- Caramel Layer Cake
- Banana Split Icebox Cake
- Pavlova with Lemon Curd and Fresh Berries
Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
- 8 cups 1-inch cubes day-old French bread
- ½ cup raisins optional
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cane sugar or white
- ¼ cup butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Butter (or spray) inside of slow cooker.
- Place bread and raisins in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, eggs, sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until well combined.
- Pour over bread and raisins. Toss to coat evenly.
- Let stand 10 minutes and toss again to make sure custard mixture is evenly distributed.
- Cover and cook on low setting 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of cream, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.