This Nutella Ice Cream Sandwich is the perfect treat for busy kids (and grown-ups, too!) on a hot summer afternoon. Quick to make and fun to eat.
Is it hot where you are right now? Do you have hungry children who need an afternoon snack? Do you love Nutella? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then today's post is just for you!
This recipe melds summer, hungry children and Nutella together in the best possible way. After spending an afternoon last week swimming and playing, I had two ravenous grands with far too much time left until dinner.
Knowing that a snack was in order, I grabbed the Nutella jar, some cookies, and some ice cream and went to work. I know what you're thinking - "cookies, ice cream, and Nutella? What are you thinking?"
Well, because I'm Nana, it is my prerogative to spoil them at every possible opportunity, you know. Besides I got a bunch of kisses and hugs for this snack. It was a win-win all the way around.
This is so simple you don't really need a recipe, but I wrote one up for you anyway.
How to Make a Nutella Ice Cream Sandwich
For each ice cream sandwich, you'll need two cookies of your choice (I used sugar cookies with sprinkles - graham crackers or chocolate chip would also be good), two tablespoons of Nutella, and a scoop of ice cream.
Spread the bottoms of the cookies with Nutella.
Add a scoop of slightly softened ice cream on one of the cookies and top with the other cookie.
Hand this to a hungry child and watch them devour it!
More Ice Cream Treats on Never Enough Thyme:
- Strawberry S'mores Ice Cream
- Banana Split Icebox Cake
- Chocolate-Caramel Dipped Waffle Sticks with Fresh Berries and Cream
- Banana Bread Cobbler
Ice Cream Sandwich Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches from Love and Olive Oil
- Homemade Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches from Inspired Taste
- Rhubarb Ice Cream Sandwiches from Green Kitchen Stories
- Tiramisu Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich Bars from Half Baked Harvest
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Nutella Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2 sugar cookies
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Spread Nutella on bottoms of cookies.
- Top one cookie bottom with a scoop of ice cream.
- Top with the second cookie.
- May be made ahead of time, wrapped individually, and stored in the freezer.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.