A simple and delicious, No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake with an almond and cookie base filled with chocolate, cream cheese, and whipped cream.
A couple of days before Father's Day I handed BeeBop my copy of Hershey's Classic Recipes and told him to pick out anything in it that he'd like for his special Father's Day treat. What he chose was this classic no-bake chocolate cheesecake. What a treat this recipe was!
Now the title may say that it's "no-bake," but you do actually bake the crust, just not the filling. However, please don't let that keep you from trying this one. The short baking time for the crust doesn't heat up the kitchen too badly on these hot, hot summer days.
The original recipe says that it makes 8 servings but I think you could easily get 12 from this. It's nice and rich and a small slice really goes quite a long way.
How to Make No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Prepare the crust
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Using a food processor, pulse the almonds a few times until they are chopped but not too finely. I like to leave them coarse for a little extra crunch and texture in the crust. Do the same with the vanilla wafers.
If you don't want to get out the food processor and clean the dang thing just for a bit of cheesecake crust (and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't) you can, alternately, put the almonds and wafers in a plastic bag and give them a good bashing with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Or a plain old hammer. Works every time. No washing up involved :-)
Stir together the chopped almonds, vanilla wafer crumbs, and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Pour the melted butter or margarine over crumb mixture and use a fork to blend it together.
Press the crust mixture onto the bottom and ½-inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow the crust to cool completely before proceeding with the filling.
Make the cheesecake filling
Place the chocolate in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each until the chocolate is nearly melted. Set aside to cool slightly. The chocolate will finish melting while it sits.
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl until very smooth. Add the melted chocolate and beat on low speed.
Next, beat the whipping cream in a small bowl until stiff. Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whipping cream.
Pour the filling mixture into the cooled crust. Cover tightly and refrigerate until firm.
Serve with additional dollops of whipped cream, if desired, or with sweetened strawberries on the side. Or both!
More Chocolate Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Chocolate Little Layer Cake
- Chocolate Meringue Pie
- Outrageous Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate-Chocolate Cake
No-Bake Cheesecake Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- No Bake Cheesecake from I Am Baker
- Keto No Bake Cheesecake Parfaits from I Breathe, I'm Hungry
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake from I Heart Naptime
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 cup slivered almonds finely chopped
- ¾ cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter or margarine
For the cheesecake:
- 8 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate broken into pieces
- 3-3 oz packages cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold whipping cream
Prepare the crust:
- Heat oven to 350 degree. Stir together chopped almonds, vanilla wafer crumbs and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Pour melted butter or margarine over crumb mixture; blend well. Press mixture onto bottom and ½-inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
Make the cheesecake filling:
- Place chocolate in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each until chocolate is nearly melted. Set aside to cool slightly. Beat cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add melted chocolate; beat on low speed of electric mixer.
- Beat whipping cream in small bowl until stiff; fold into chocolate mixture. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.