Easy Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls
These easy Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls are a great snack or fun family weeknight dinner. They’re quick to make using flaky crescent rolls, purchased pizza sauce, and pepperoni!
Pizza has always been a favorite in our house and I’m always looking for different ways to keep it interesting. Take these Easy Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls for instance. They are so easy to make and take almost no time at all!
The best part? You use refrigerated crescent rolls so there’s no time spent waiting for dough to rise. Those convenient, flaky rolls make the perfect “crust” for this easy pizza bake.
If you have little ones at home, they’ll love helping you make this recipe! You simply shake a little seasoning onto the rolls, add pepperoni and cheese, roll them up, and bake until they’re melty and delicious. Serve them with purchased pizza sauce for dipping and you have a great snack for a casual weekend or a kid-friendly dinner to serve on a busy weeknight.
SEE ALL MY PRINT AND KINDLE BOOKS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!
❤️ Why We Love This Recipe
- Easy to make with about 10 minutes of hands-on time!
- No need to wait on dough to rise.
- Easy to switch up with other fillings.
🍳 Tools You’ll Use
This post contains affiliate links. Lana’s Cooking is reader supported and earns a tiny commission at no extra cost to you when you shop from our links.
Versatile Parchment Paper
I use Norpro’s natural parchment paper for everything from lining baking sheets to wrapping cookies for the freezer!
🛒 About the Ingredients
- Refrigerated Crescent Rolls – I always purchase Pillsbury brand because, let’s face it, they’re the masters at producing crescent rolls. That being said, please feel free to substitute a good store brand if you like. However, the one thing you should avoid is any type of “flavored” rolls such as Hawaiian or Extra Buttery as they tend to be too sweet for this recipe.
- Italian Seasoning – McCormick mixed Italian seasoning is perfect for this. If you don’t have that on hand, simply sprinkle on a little basil or oregano or leave it off.
- Pepperoni – Use regular pepperoni, spicy pepperoni, or turkey pepperoni – whichever you prefer.
- Mozzarella – You’ll want a ball of mozzarella so that you can cut it into cubes. Or if you have bocconcini that will work great!
- Purchased Pizza Sauce – For pouring over or dipping when served. I typically choose Ragu pizza sauce but find store brands are usually just as good at a much lower price point. Of course, if you have homemade sauce on hand use that!
You’ll find detailed measurements for all ingredients in the printable version of the recipe at the bottom of this post.
🔪 How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
👉 PRO TIP: If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use aluminum foil or just spray the baking sheet with a very light coat of non-stick spray.
Step 2: Unroll the dough and separate it into 8 triangles.
Step 3: Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning over one side of each dough triangle.
Step 4. At the widest part of the triangle, add 3 slices of pepperoni on top of the seasoning overlapping so that they fit within the dough’s edges.
Step 5. Place 1 cube of cheese in the center of the pepperoni.
👉 PRO TIP: For easy prep, use mozzarella cheese sticks cut into ½ inch segments.
Step 6: Starting at the widest end of the dough, tightly roll up the crescents and seal all the edges.
👉 PRO TIP: Make sure you seal the edges well to prevent the cheese from flowing out as it melts during cooking.
Step 7: Place the prepared rolls on the baking sheet and brush the tops with melted butter.
Step 8: Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush the tops again with the remaining melted butter.
Step 9: In the meantime, warm up the pizza sauce in the microwave or on the stovetop over low heat.
Step 10: Serve the rolls with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
🔀 Popular Substitutions and Variations
- Give the recipe a south-of-the-border flair by using pepper jack cheese with salsa as the dipping sauce.
- Add in some finely chopped peppers and onions as a filling.
- For a spicier version, sprinkle on a pinch of crushed red pepper or use spicy pepperoni.
- Sprinkle more Italian seasoning on the tops of the rolled crescents for extra flavor.
🍚 Storage & Leftovers
These crescent pizza rolls always taste best fresh and piping hot from the oven, but can still be enjoyed as leftovers. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. They reheat best in the oven or toaster oven at about 325 degrees or in an air fryer at 360 for 3-4 minutes. Reheating in the microwave tends to make them soggy.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
Anything that you serve with homemade pizza will pair well with these. I usually serve them with a salad like Fresh Salad Greens with Classic Vinaigrette.
❓ Questions About Pizza Crescent Rolls
I’ll always prefer the original Pillsbury, but store brands do work well. They also have the advantage of saving you a little on your grocery bill.
For this recipe, you’ll want to keep the sauce on the side. Adding it inside the crescent roll before baking will create a soggy end product and no one enjoys soggy dough!
They’ll be golden brown on top when they are done baking. Be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t brown too much – crescent rolls cook pretty quickly!
Be sure to come back and let me know how your Easy Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls turned out.
🧾 More Recipes You’ll Like
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
I’d LOVE to know what you thought!
Leave a rating below in the comments and let me know how you liked it!
WE’RE ON FACEBOOK, TOO!
If you’d like to hang out with lots of other Southern Comfort Food lovers, make sure to join my FREE PRIVATE Facebook group.
Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 8 cubes mozzarella cheese (1/2 inch each)
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the dough and separate it into 8 triangles.
- Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning over one side of each dough triangle.
- At the widest part of the triangle, add 3 slices of pepperoni on top of the seasoning overlapping so that they fit within the dough's edges.
- Place 1 cube of cheese in the center of the pepperoni.
- Starting at the widest end of the dough, tightly roll up the crescents and seal all the edges.
- Place the prepared rolls on the baking sheet and brush the tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush the tops again with the remaining melted butter.
- In the meantime, warm up the pizza sauce in the microwave or on the stovetop over low heat.
- Serve the rolls with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. They reheat best in the oven or toaster oven at about 325 degrees or in an air fryer at 360 for 3-4 minutes.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.