Potato and Green Bean Salad – A lovely, light, and fresh combination of potatoes, beans, carrots, and roasted tomatoes. Great for weeknight dinners.
I saw this potato and green bean salad recipe several weeks ago on The Duo Dishes and have wanted to try it ever since. Of course, since I’m one of those cooks who can’t leave well enough alone, I did a little tweaking as I cooked. All in all it was quite successful. BeeBop liked it, too. He even had seconds :-)
How to Make Potato and Green Bean Salad
To make this lovely potato salad, you’ll need some small red and/or white potatoes, a package of frozen, mixed baby beans and carrots, a couple of small tomatoes, half a red onion, a clove of garlic, some fresh dill, fresh parsley, olive oil, and salt.
See the mason jar in the photo above? That’s how I keep extra fresh dill. When there’s extra in the summer, I pack it into a jar and fill the jar with vinegar. Cap it tightly. Then when you need some dill for making pickles or such, you can pull out what you need.
Also, you wind up with a jar of nicely flavored dill vinegar. I thought the dill would be fine to use in this recipe and it wasn’t bad, but fresh or dried would have been better. I’ll remember for next time.
Cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender, not mushy. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
While potatoes boil, roast tomatoes and red onion in 400 degree oven until onions and tomatoes soften. Approximately 15 minutes. When potatoes are done, remove from water and drop frozen veggies into potato water to cook. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 6 minutes.
Mince the garlic as finely as possible and place in serving bowl.
Add cooked tomatoes and onion.
And the herbs.
Add potatoes, veggies, olive oil and salt. Gently toss together and serve.
More Potato Salad Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
Potato Salad Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Easy Creamy Potato Salad from Inspired Taste
- German Potato Salad from Spend with Pennies
- Herbed Potato Salad from Cookie + Kate
- French Potato Salad from Gimme Some Oven
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 lb small red and white potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ 1-lb. pkg mixed baby beans and carrots
- 2 small tomatoes
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tblsp dill, chopped
- 2 tblsp parsley, chopped
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender, not mushy. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- While potatoes boil, roast tomatoes and red onion in 400 degree oven until onions and tomatoes soften. Approximately 15 minutes.
- When potatoes are done, remove from water and drop frozen veggies into potato water to cook. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Place minced garlic in serving bowl. Add cooked tomatoes and onion, herbs, potatoes, and veggies. Add olive oil and salt. Gently toss together and serve.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 556mg Carbohydrates: 52g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 13g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: