Ricotta Veggie Spread - this delicious spread of ricotta cheese and veggies is great served with cocktails or as an afternoon snack.
This delicious ricotta veggie spread is one of those recipes that sometimes just "happens" when you stare at the contents of your fridge and wonder what to do with ingredients you have on hand. Do you ever do that? Just start thinking of things you have in your fridge or pantry and how you could put them together to make something delicious?
Maybe it's just me. But it's how I've come up with some of the recipes we enjoy the most.
This recipe came together last Sunday afternoon a little while before The Masters coverage came on. Masters weekend is pretty sacred around our household. We both watch it from start to finish while cheering our favorites on.
It would take something pretty drastic to pull us away from the television when the Masters is being played. But wait, I'm getting off the subject...
I wanted to put together a little something to snack on for the afternoon and what I came up with was this spread. It's quite light and the combination of veggies with the basil and touch of garlic was really delicious.
I'd easily serve this as a nibble along with cocktails or just as an afternoon snack. Try this one and let me know what you think!
How to Make Ricotta Veggie Spread
All you do is mix all your ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover the bowl and let it sit in the fridge for a while so that the flavors blend really well. Serve the spread with an assortment of crackers.
More Cheesy Appetizers on Never Enough Thyme:
- Beer and Three Cheese Dip
- Puff Pastry Cheese Straws
- A Southern Classic - Pimiento Cheese
- Spicy Cheese Crackers
- Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip
Cheese Spread Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Parmesan Cheese Spread from 101 Cookbooks
- Herbed Cheese Spread from The Perfect Pantry
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Cream Cheese Spread from Cookin' Canuck
- Blue Cheese Spread from Life Currents
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Ricotta Veggie Spread
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 rib celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small tomato seeded and diced
- 3 large basil leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve with an assortment of crackers.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →