Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip – a great combination of cheeses with sour cream, onions, and bacon. Perfect for tailgate parties or just because it’s Tuesday.
Who’s ready for the weekend? Raise your hands. Looks like everybody agrees…the weekend just can’t get here fast enough.
Seems like everybody lives such crazy, hectic lives that the weekend, for some folks, is the only time we get to just relax and recharge. For some people that means doing errands, for others it’s watching a little football, and for some maybe it’s just getting cozy with a good book. Whatever your weekend plans are, this tasty bacon and blue cheese dip will fit in just perfectly.
It’s a great combination of blue cheese (my favorite!) with cream cheese, onions, bacon, and a bit of Tabasco. Just a note, though, it can be a bit salty depending on the brand of blue cheese you use, so if you’re sensitive to that you might want to consider a lower sodium bacon. I’ll take it either way :-)
How to Make Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip
In the bowl of a food processor, place the sour cream, blue cheese, cream cheese, onions, and Tabasco.
Process the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice.
Scrape the mixture into a small bowl and stir in half the crumbled bacon.
Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle with the remaining bacon and a little additional green onion.
Serve with crackers, chips, or veggies.
More Dip Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Hot Baked Crab Dip
- Spicy White Bean Dip
- Beer and Three Cheese Dip
- Turnip Green Dip
- Sausage Cheese Dip
Cheese Dip Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Baked Cheese Dip with Tomato and Basil from Inspired Taste
- Hot Bacon Cheese Dip from Buns in My Oven
- Garlic Feta Cheese Dip from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Charleston Cheese Dip from Real Mom Kitchen
- Skillet Chili Cheese Dip from Eclectic Recipes
- Smoked Eggplant and Goat Cheese Dip from The Pink Apron
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 6-8 dashes Tabasco
- 4 slices cooked, crumbled bacon
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the sour cream, blue cheese, cream cheese, onions, and Tabasco. Process the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice. Scrape the mixture into a small bowl and stir in half the crumbled bacon.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle with the remaining bacon and a little additional green onion.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or veggies.
Adapted recipe from "Secrets of Southern Cooks."
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 418mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritonix and may not always be perfectly accurate. Use your own judgment.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: