Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip - a great combination of cheeses with sour cream, onions, and bacon. Perfect for tailgate parties or just because it's Tuesday.
Who's ready for the weekend? Raise your hands. Looks like everybody agrees...the weekend just can't get here fast enough.
Seems like everybody lives such crazy, hectic lives that the weekend, for some folks, is the only time we get to just relax and recharge. For some people that means doing errands, for others it's watching a little football, and for some maybe it's just getting cozy with a good book. Whatever your weekend plans are, this tasty bacon and blue cheese dip will fit in just perfectly.
It's a great combination of blue cheese (my favorite!) with cream cheese, onions, bacon, and a bit of Tabasco. Just a note, though, it can be a bit salty depending on the brand of blue cheese you use, so if you're sensitive to that you might want to consider a lower sodium bacon. I'll take it either way :-)
How to Make Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip
In the bowl of a food processor, place the sour cream, blue cheese, cream cheese, onions, and Tabasco.
Process the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice.
Scrape the mixture into a small bowl and stir in half the crumbled bacon.
Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle with the remaining bacon and a little additional green onion.
Serve with crackers, chips, or veggies.
More Dip Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Hot Baked Crab Dip
- Spicy White Bean Dip
- Beer and Three Cheese Dip
- Turnip Green Dip
- Sausage Cheese Dip
Cheese Dip Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Baked Cheese Dip with Tomato and Basil from Inspired Taste
- Hot Bacon Cheese Dip from Buns in My Oven
- Garlic Feta Cheese Dip from Aggie's Kitchen
- Charleston Cheese Dip from Real Mom Kitchen
- Smoked Eggplant and Goat Cheese Dip from The Pink Apron
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 2 green onions roughly chopped
- 6-8 dashes Tabasco
- 4 slices cooked crumbled bacon
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the sour cream, blue cheese, cream cheese, onions, and Tabasco. Process the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice. Scrape the mixture into a small bowl and stir in half the crumbled bacon.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle with the remaining bacon and a little additional green onion.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or veggies.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.