Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream and Dill - this summery cucumber salad is so fresh and light! A great side dish for hot days.
Hi everybody! Did you miss me? Well, in case you didn't realize I was gone, BeeBop and I spent last week at Panama City Beach, Florida, with our two grand
babieskids. Gosh...I really can't call them babies any more. The oldest is almost 13 and youngest almost 7! It was a week full of fun but we also made time to slow down and really relax a bit. It had been a long time since we'd last taken a real vacation and we were way overdue for some downtime. I even took a whole week off from the blog! I don't think I've ever done that in the four-plus years I've been posting.
Of course, I couldn't stop taking photos while were gone and I'm sharing some with you in a slideshow after the jump. Enjoy!
How to Make Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream and Dill
Now that vacation is over and we're all back in our usual routines, I have a very quick, very easy recipe for you. If you already have cucumbers from your garden or farmers' market, you'll really appreciate this lovely salad. It's so fresh, crunchy, and crispy! A really delicious compliment to any summertime meal.
Peel the cucumber and cut it into thin slices.
Place the slices in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Put the colander on a plate to catch any juices that drain from the cucumbers. Set aside for one hour.
Mix together the remaining ingredients and place in the refrigerator while the cucumbers are draining.
When ready to serve, rinse the cucumber slices and pat dry with paper towels. Toss with the dressing and serve.
This recipe makes 2 servings but can be multiplied as much as you want.
More Salad Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- Carrot and Dried Cranberry Salad
- Summertime Pasta Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
Cucumber Salad Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Asian Cucumber Salad with Cilantro and Vidalia Onions from Kalyn's Kitchen
- Randi's Cucumber Salad from Erin Cooks
- Cucumber Coconut Salad from love food eat
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad from Oh Sweet Basil
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream and Dill
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1 tblsp. light sour cream
- 1 finely chopped green onion
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Peel the cucumber(s) and cut into thin slices.
- Place the cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Put the colander on a plate to catch any juices that drain from the cucumbers. Set aside for one hour.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and place in the refrigerator while the cucumbers are draining.
- When ready to serve, rinse the cucumbers and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss cucumbers with the dressing and serve.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down.
You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too!