Ginger Praline Coffee Float – An ice cream float with pralines, coffee, and the zing of ginger. Definitely dessert worthy!
I have something so special and delicious for you today! This Ginger Praline Coffee Float, with its layers of praline ice cream, ginger snaps, and coffee, is a cold adult coffee treat of the very best kind. It has the smoothness of coffee along with caramelly sweet pralines, and the zing of ginger.
This is a treat that’s as great for sipping poolside as it is for serving after your next dinner party. This smooth, cool treat was inspired by the classic Italian affogato which is a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream topped with a shot of hot espresso. Some variations also include a shot of amaretto or other liqueur.
The day when I was trying to think of something special to make using my favorite instant coffee, it was about 98 degrees. Ice cream was the only thing I wanted. Then suddenly affogato popped in my head and I started to think of a way to spin that recipe into something unique. One of my favorite ice creams is a praline and cream flavor and ginger snaps are always a staple in my pantry, and that’s how this coffee float came to be. It’s as perfect for summer as my Mocha Eggnog Sundae is for the holiday season.
I like to serve this in a tall soda glass with a long dessert or iced tea spoon. It’s also lovely in a shallow dessert dish.
How to Make Ginger Praline Coffee Float
This such an easy recipe! all you need are three ingredients.
One cup of strong, lukewarm coffee. So easy to make with instant. No waiting for the coffee to brew!
A few gingersnaps. The generic store brand kind is fine.
And some pralines and cream ice cream. Several different ice cream brands have pralines and cream. Just get whichever you like or the one that fits your budget.
Then all you do is place the ice cream in a tall glass. Crumble a few ginger snaps on top of the ice cream. Pour the coffee over the ice cream and ginger snaps.
Serve with a spoon or straw. Or both.
More Ice Cream Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- An Old-Fashioned Treat – Coke Floats
- Nutella Ice Cream Sandwich
- Strawberry S’mores Ice Cream
- Homemade Peach Ice Cream
coffee and ice cream recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Mocha Tartufo from Martha Stewart Living
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee Milkshake from A Cozy Kitchen
- Mocha Ice Cream Cake from Epicurious
- Brownie Bottom Ice Cream Cupcakes from Joy the Baker
- German Iced Coffee (Eiskaffee) from The Kitchen Maus
Pin to Your Pinterest Dessert Board!
For each serving:
- 2 scoops Pralines and Cream ice cream
- 3-4 ginger snaps
- 1/2 cup lukewarm, strong coffe
- Place the ice cream in a tall glass.
- Crumble the ginger snaps on top of the ice cream.
- Pour the coffee over ice cream and ginger snaps.
- Serve with a spoon or straw.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
- Tulip Sundae and Dessert Cup, PACK OF 4 Highest Quality Ultra Clear See Through Thick Solid Base Glass 7 Ounces, Set of 4
- OXO Good Grips Solid Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop
- 4 pcs 9 Inch Long Handle Iced Tea Spoon, Coffee Spoon, Ice Cream Spoon, Stainless Steel Cocktail Stirring Spoons for Mixing, Cocktail Stirring, Tea, Coffee, Milkshake, Cold Drink
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 871 Total Fat: 48g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 27g Cholesterol: 92mg Sodium: 294mg Carbohydrates: 100g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 78g Protein: 10g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make!
if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: