Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Ham is a delectable recipe made easily with a slow cooker.
I sure do appreciate a slow cooker, don't you? Just add your ingredients, set it, and come back later to a meal ready for the family!
I have two slow cookers, one large and one small, that I use all year round but when fall weather starts to appear, they get used even more than ever. I cook all kinds of things in my slow cookers. If it can be cooked low and slow, it usually goes in a slow cooker.
Cooler weather ushers in the season of soups, stews, and other recipes that benefit from the long, slow cooking provided in a slow cooker. They're definitely one of the kitchen appliances that I wouldn't want to do without.
I came up with this delicious family-friendly recipe for Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Ham a while back. This one is guaranteed to be a hit with everyone at the table. I've even included a great use for the leftovers, too, at the end of this post.
How to Make Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Ham
If I had to pick a side dish that I like best, it would probably be potatoes in some form or other. They're just so versatile! And when I'm in a hurry, I have no problem taking some help from pre-packaged, pre-prepped potatoes. They're a really good product and one that I use often.
Layer half the potatoes, mushrooms, and ham in slow cooker. Then add a second layer of potatoes, mushrooms, and ham.
In a large bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
Then pour the mixture over the layered ingredients in your slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 ½ hours or until the potatoes are tender. After 2 ½ hours, turn the cooker to low and continue cooking for 1 additional hour. Makes 8-10 servings.
This recipe makes an awful lot for just the two of us. There are always leftovers and one of our favorite ways to enjoy them is reheated with an over-easy egg on top for breakfast! Enjoy!
More Potato Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Parmesan Garlic Baked Potato Wedges
- Lemon-Dill Potato Salad
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Au Gratin
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Bake
Ham and potato recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Ham and Potato Hash from Simply Recipes
- Everyday Scalloped Potatoes and Ham from 101 Cooking for Two
- Ham and Potato Corn Chowder from Closet Cooking
- Ham and Cheese Potato Pancakes from Buns in My Oven
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Ham
- 2 20- oz. pkgs. red potato wedges
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 ½ lb. ham steak cut in cubes
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- ½ cup water
- 4 oz. grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. red pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Layer potatoes, mushrooms, and ham in slow cooker.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until combined. Pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 2 ½ hours or until potatoes are tender. Turn cooker to low and continue cooking for 1 additional hour.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →