Pork, potatoes, and salsa verde make this delicious Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Stew a Tex-Mex delight!
If you’re looking for comforting fall foods, get out your crockpot and give this Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Stewa try. It’s so good on a cool, crisp evening.
Fall always seems to come slowly in the south. It makes a tentative step one day, then retreats the next. We’ll have a cool, clear day followed by a humid and sultry one the next. That’s just the way it happens here. So far this year, those cool, clear days have been very few. We’ve had lots of rain, lots of humidity, and not much leaf color yet.
But I can tell it’s on the way. Every time I look out my windows it seems like there are a few more golden leaves out there than there were the day before.
This is the time of year that we all tend to start gathering inward. We pull out our sweaters and boots, the gardens stop producing, leaves start falling, and for many of us our appetites change to warmer more comforting foods.
I use my slow cookers all year round, but in the fall and winter they seem to work overtime. I really enjoy being able to pop all the ingredients in there, set and cover the cooker, and come back hours later to find our dinner ready and waiting.
How to Make Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Stew
Layer the potatoes, pork, onion, and chilies in the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, oregano, and salsa verde.
Pour over the pork and potato mixture in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.
Serve over rice with warm tortillas, cilantro, and lime wedges.
🧾 More Recipes You’ll Like
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Ham
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Triple Chocolate Slow Cooker Cake
- Slow Cooker Pork and Black Bean Stew
- Spiced Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
Have you tried this recipe? I’d really appreciate you giving it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card or in the comments section.
AND REMEMBER TO SIGN UP FOR MY FACEBOOK GROUP.
If you’d like to hang out with me and lots of other online Southern Comfort Food lovers, make sure to join my FREE PRIVATE Facebook group.
Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Stew
- 2 medium baking potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1.5 pounds pork shoulder cut in 1” cubes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 ounces canned chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 ounces salsa verde
- For serving:
- Hot cooked rice
- Warm tortillas
- Lime wedges
- Layer the potatoes, pork, onion, and chiles in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, oregano, and salsa verde. Pour over the pork and potato mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.
- Serve over rice with cilantro and lime wedges.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.