Southwest Pulled Pork Sliders from the Slow Cooker will be a game day favorite. They’re made with slow cooked pulled pork seasoned with southwest flavors.
A while back, the people at Old El Paso asked me to come up with a new recipe using one of their seasoning packets. The result was these delicious Southwest Pulled Pork Sliders. And the very best part is that you simply combine everything in your slow cooker, set it, and forget it. Come back hours later and your sliders are almost ready to go. Around here, pulled pork normally gets a good slathering of barbecue sauce but I changed it up this time with taco seasoning, salsa, and citrus flavors. It’s amazingly good. Hope you enjoy this one!
How to Make Southwest Pulled Pork Sliders from the Slow Cooker
Rub the Boston butt all over with the contents of the taco seasoning packet. Place the seasoned roast in a slow cooker.
Cut the oranges into chunks.
Place the oranges in the slow cooker with the seasoned roast. Add the black pepper.
Cook on high 4 to 6 hours, or on low 8 to 10 hours, or until the roast is tender and falling apart.
To Serve the Sliders
Remove the roast to a cutting board and “pull” with two forks into shreds, removing and discarding excess fat as you work.
Remove the orange pieces from the slow cooker. I like to press on them gently before removing them to extract some of the juices. Return the pulled pork to the slow cooker and add the salsa and lime juice. Stir well to combine. Cook until the salsa is heated through (about 30 minutes).
To assemble the sliders, place about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture on the bottom of a slider bun or dinner roll. Top with Mexican crema or sour cream, fresh cilantro, and pickled jalapeno slices.
This recipe makes a lot of sliders! At least 2-3 dozen depending on how much you pile onto your slider buns. You can also top these delicious little sliders with any of your favorite taco toppings. Cheese, taco sauce, and pico de gallo are all good on these.
Also, try this mixture on warm, split cornbread muffins instead of slider buns or rolls. Delicious!
More Tex-Mex Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Mexican Style Corn Salad
- Mexican Beef Stew
- Layered Mexican Chicken Salad
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Stew
- Southwest Chicken Casserole
slider recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Strawberry Shortcake Sliders from Simply Recipes
- Cheddar Bacon Onion Sliders from The Little Kitchen
- Big Fat Bacon Sliders from The Pioneer Woman
- Cheese Stuffed Meatball Sliders from Iowa Girl Eats
- Grilled Five Spice Pork Sliders from RasaMalaysia
- Eggplant Parmesan Sliders from Just a Taste
- 3 pound boneless Boston butt pork roast
- 1 package 25% less sodium Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 15.5 jar salsa
- Juice of 1 lime
- Slider buns or dinner rolls
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Pickled jalapeno slices
- Rub the Boston butt all over with the contents of the 25% less sodium Old El Paso taco seasoning packet. Place the roast in a slow cooker. Cut the oranges into chunks and place them in the slow cooker with the roast. Add the black pepper.
- Cook 4 to 6 hours or until roast is tender and falling apart.
- Remove the roast to a cutting board and “pull” with two forks into shreds, removing excess fat as you work.
- Return the roast to the slow cooker, or a skillet on the stovetop, and add the salsa and lime juice. Stir well to combine. Cook until the salsa is heated through.
- Assemble the sliders - place about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture on the bottom of a slider bun or dinner roll. Top with Mexican crema or sour cream, fresh cilantro, and pickled jalapeno slices.
This recipe makes a lot of sliders! You can top these delicious little sliders with any of your favorite taco toppings. Cheese, taco sauce, and pico de gallo are all good on these. Also, try this mixture on split cornbread muffins instead of slider buns or rolls. Delicious!
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 2 sliders
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 342mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritonix and may not always be perfectly accurate. Use your own judgment.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: