A delicious Greek Salad with salami and a fresh, tangy dressing. Great for lunch, brunch, or dinner. Serve with some crusty bread for a complete meal.
Every year about this time I start getting an urge. It's the urge to purge and clean. After the cold winter months, any little hint of springtime puts me in the mood to organize stuff, straighten out cabinets, purge the pantry, and clean my kitchen! That one day last week, when it got to 80 degrees here, was all the excuse I needed.
People call me a "foodie." If that means "someone who really enjoys food and cooking," then I suppose they're right. I spend hours on end cooking things to share with you here on Never Enough Thyme. And all that cooking takes a toll on my kitchen because I'm just not the neatest cook. Those people who can "clean as they go" have my admiration. I'm not among their number.
My floors get messy. My cabinets get out of order. And my countertops get floury, butter-y, sticky, and wet.
So, after a long day of
making a mess cooking, I moved everything off my countertops and went to work. I cleaned the granite surfaces, polished the stainless steel, and wiped down the glass front cabinets. I was so pleased with myself that I immediately started messing up the kitchen cooking again to make our favorite Greek Salad for dinner.
Now, I know that you're going to read the list of ingredients and see "salami." And you're going to say, "there's no salami in a Greek salad!" Well, if I'm going to serve BeeBop a salad for his main course, there's going to be some kind of meat included. Substitute whatever you like or leave it out completely. Your choice!
How to Make My Favorite Greek Salad
Prep the Ingredients:Combine all dressing ingredients in a small jar. Shake until well blended.
Prep all the salad ingredients and place in them a large bowl.
Pour the dressing over and toss to combine.
This salad serves 2 as a main course, 4-6 as a side or starter.
More Salads from Never Enough Thyme:
- Winter Shrimp Salad
- Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Cannellini Bean and Tuna Salad
main dish salad recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Greek Quinoa Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Steak Salad with Green Goddess Dressing from The Perfect Pantry
- Italian Chopped Salad from Taste and Tell
- Asian Spinach Salad with Chicken, Mushrooms, Peppers, and Almonds from Kalyn's Kitchen
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
My Favorite Greek Salad
For the dressing:
- 6 tblsp. olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tblsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove finely minced or grated
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
For the salad:
- 1 bag 9 oz. romaine lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes seeds removed, diced
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- ¼ to ½ medium red onion sliced into thin half moons
- ¾ cup Kalamata olives halved
- 4 oz. diced feta cheese
- 12-15 pepperoncini
- 8 oz. salami diced
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small jar. Shake until well blended.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss to combine.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: