Orange Blossom Muffins - Slightly sweet muffins with orange marmalade and pecans in the batter. Enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee.
Do you ever have days when the morning starts out at a run and by noon has turned into a full blown marathon? Yep, that's what today has been so far.
On busy mornings like today, one of the best things to reach for with your cup of coffee or tea is a muffin. This Orange Blossom Muffin is an old recipe from Southern Living Magzine and is one of my favorites because it's easy to prepare and it's just lightly sweet. The orange marmalade gives a nice citrus note and the pecans lend some substance to the muffin as well.
And before you get started on me for using a packaged biscuit mix in this recipe - just don't. Give a girl a break for taking a shortcut once in a while :-).
Next time you have a busy morning, take a breath, pour a cup of coffee, and mix up a batch of these muffins. That to-do list will still be there when you get back to it.
How to Make Orange Blossom Muffins
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 12-cup muffin baking pan by lining with paper baking cups and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and sugar. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
Combine the egg, juice, and oil and add to the well in the dry mixture. Stir only until moistened. Add the marmalade and pecans and stir them in well.
Spoon the batter into the prepared baking tin, filling each cup ⅔ full. Combine remaining sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg and sprinkle over batter.
Bake for 18 minutes or until done.
More Muffin Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Peaches and Cream Muffins
- Tea Muffins
- Carrot Raisin Muffins
- Chocolate Cherry Muffins
Muffin Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Apple Fritter Muffins from Recipe Girl
- Double Coconut Muffins from Smitten Kitchen
- Blueberry Doughnut Muffins from My Baking Addiction
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins from Everyday Annie
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Orange Blossom Muffins
- 2 cups biscuit mix recommend: Bisquick
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tblsp. canola oil
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 tblsp. sugar
- 1 tblsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 12-cup muffin baking pan by lining with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and ¼ cup sugar. Make a well in the center. Combine the egg, juice, and oil and add to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened. Add the marmalade and pecans; stir in well.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking tin, filling each cup ⅔ full.
- Combine remaining sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until done.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.