Low in fat, high in flavor, with a healthy dose of protein from the beans, this Black Bean and Corn Salad is a tasty side for a picnic.
I'm pretty excited today, y'all. Because I'm getting ready to do something I've never done before. We're planning a fun vacation trip for the end of this month and, of course, we're taking the grandkids with us. Pretty soon we're all going to get on a plane and fly to Arizona and see the beautiful, mystical Grand Canyon!
I'm pretty psyched. I'm also looking forward to trying some authentic southwestern cuisine. So, if anyone has any suggestions or guidance for where and what to eat around the Flagstaff area, please let me know!
In the meantime, I'm also painting every day and going to physical therapy to get my ankle in shape before our trip. Plus cooking, doing laundry, cleaning house...you know - the usual.
Easy Salad for Hot Summer Days
When your summer days are packed full of activity, the last thing you want to do is spend time cooking complicated recipes, right? Yeah, me either. So it's nice to have some really simple, easy to make and healthy recipes on hand like this Black Bean and Corn Salad.
It's low in fat, high in flavor, and has a healthy dose of protein from the beans. Best of all, it requires no cooking so there's no heating the kitchen!
If you can open a few cans and cut up some veggies, you can make this salad. Just prep all your ingredients according to the recipe's instructions, toss them in a bowl and let them sit for a while to develop the flavors.
This salad is great with grilled chicken or fish. Even hamburgers. Whatever you put on the grill, this salad will probably compliment.
Drain and rinse a can of black beans. Drain a small can of whole kernel corn. I rarely recommend a brand, but for this salad, I really like Del Monte's Summer Crisp corn. It's sweet and, well, crisp. Very crisp. And gives a nice contrast to the beans.
Dice the bell peppers and green onions and mince the parsley. Toss all that in a bowl. Then add the olive oil, lime juice, pepper, and salt. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours, and up to 24 hours, before serving. Easy as pie!
More Salad Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- My Favorite Greek Salad
- Sweet Corn Salad with Seared Sea Scallops
- Mexican Style Corn Salad
- Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Bean Salads from Other Bloggers:
- Simply Recipes' Three Bean Salad
- White Bean Salad with Tuna and Parsley from Kalyn's Kitchen
- Tomato and Green Bean Salad from Leite's Culinaria
- Guilty Kitchen's Black Bean Salad
- Black Bean Salad Boats from She Wears Many Hats
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 11 oz can whole kernel corn drained (recommend: Del Monte Summer Crisp corn)
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 2 green onions white and some of the green part, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss together until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.