Who’s ready for the weekend? Raise your hands. Looks like everybody agrees…the weekend just can’t get here fast enough. Seems like everybody lives such crazy, hectic lives that the weekend, for some folks, is the only time we get to just relax and recharge. For some people that means doing errands, for others it’s watching a little football, and for some maybe it’s just getting cozy with a good book. Whatever your weekend plans are, this tasty bacon and blue cheese dip will fit in just perfectly.
It’s a great combination of blue cheese (my favorite!) with cream cheese, onions, bacon, and a bit of Tabasco. Just a note, though, it can be a bit salty depending on the brand of blue cheese you use, so if you’re sensitive to that you might want to consider a lower sodium bacon. I’ll take it either way :-)
In the bowl of a food processor, place the sour cream, blue cheese, cream cheese, onions, and Tabasco.
Process the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice.
Scrape the mixture into a small bowl and stir in half the crumbled bacon.
Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle with the remaining bacon and a little additional green onion.
Serve with crackers, chips, or veggies.
Great dip for any social occasion! A lively combination of cheeses with green onions and bacon.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 6-8 dashes Tabasco
- 4 slices cooked, crumbled bacon
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the sour cream, blue cheese, cream cheese, onions, and Tabasco. Process the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice. Scrape the mixture into a small bowl and stir in half the crumbled bacon.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle with the remaining bacon and a little additional green onion.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or veggies.
Adapted recipe from "Secrets of Southern Cooks."
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
More cheese based dip recipes you might enjoy from around the internet:
- Baked Cheese Dip with Tomato and Basil from Inspired Taste
- Hot Bacon Cheese Dip from Buns in My Oven
- Garlic Feta Cheese Dip from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Charleston Cheese Dip from Real Mom Kitchen
- Skillet Chili Cheese Dip from Eclectic Recipes
- Smoked Eggplant and Goat Cheese Dip from The Pink Apron
What I was up to…
- One year ago: Grilled Cheese Florentine
- Two years ago: Sausage and Kale Soup
- Three years ago: Spicy White Bean Dip
- Four years ago: Simple Grilled Fish