This baked spaghetti contains layers of meat sauce, spaghetti, and cheese baked until bubbly. Very kid-friendly and quick and easy for the cook.
Since school has already started in many areas, I wanted to share this recipe for Baked Spaghetti that’s both fast to make and very kid-friendly.
If you’ve been around here for very long, you’ll know that I have no problem taking the occasional shortcut in the kitchen. Well, that’s even more important on school nights when you need to get in and out of the kitchen in a hurry.
I take a big shortcut in this recipe by using a jarred spaghetti sauce. You can bet your bottom dollar that kids (and adults, too!) love this Baked Spaghetti.
While the spaghetti bakes, you can make a nice tossed salad and some garlic bread and you’re good to go!
On nights when you have a little more time, why don’t you try another of my spaghetti recipes? These Jumbo Meatballs and Spaghetti are always a hit as is my Baked Meatballs and Spaghetti and my Bolognese Sauce.
How to Make Baked Spaghetti
Start by putting a large pot of salted water on to boil and preheating the oven to 350.
While the water is heating, cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it’s nicely browned with no visible pink color remaining. Drain off any excess fat and return the ground beef to the pan.
Add the spaghetti sauce, salt, and pepper, and stir that together with the ground beef. Bring the mixture to a bubble, cover it and reduce the heat to a simmer. I always use Ragu Traditional style spaghetti sauce for this recipe. It’s a kid favorite and contains lots of veggies. Always a bonus.
By this time, the water should be boiling so you can drop in your pasta and let it cook according to the package directions.
When the pasta is done, drain it and start assembling the casserole.
Put about 1/3 of the meat sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish, followed by about half the cooked pasta and half the cheddar cheese. Add another third of the sauce and the remaining pasta.
End with the rest of the sauce and top with the remaining one cup of cheddar and the Parmesan cheese on top.
Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. And, by the way, it’s easier to serve if you cut it into squares.
More Pasta Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Pasta d’Arrabiata
- Creamy Ham and Red Bell Pepper Pasta
- Mediterranean Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta
- Italian Sausage Alfredo
- Pork Chops and Pasta
baked spaghetti recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Baked Spaghetti from Eat at Home
- What’s Cookin Chicago?’s Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Baked Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Olives from food52
- Baked Spaghetti Romanoff from Laura Rebecca’s Kitchen
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 16 oz. pasta
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil and preheat the oven to 350.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook, stirring, until ground beef is brown and no pink color remains.
- Drain any excess fat and return to the pan.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper, stirring well with the ground beef.
- Bring the mixture to a bubble, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- By this time, the water should be boiling so you can drop in your pasta and cook it according to the package directions.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and start assembling the casserole.
- Put about 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish, followed by about half the cooked pasta and half the cheddar cheese.
- Add another third of the sauce and the remaining pasta.
- End with the rest of the sauce and top with the remaining one cup of cheddar and the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a bit before serving.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 616 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 144mg Sodium: 1385mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Protein: 48g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: