This Bean Burrito Dip will be the hit of your next football party! With its tex-mex layers, it tastes like a beef and bean burrito on a chip.
I’ve been trying to write this post for almost three hours. I write a word or two and look out the window. Write another word or three and look out again. Why? It’s snowing!
I know a lot of you are moaning and groaning about snow but it’s such a rare thing here in Georgia that I can’t help but gaze out the window. The beauty and quiet calm of it gets to me every time. Winter putting on her best white winter coat for us is such a treat. We stop and stare. We slip and slide. And we thoroughly enjoy every moment. It’ll be gone so quickly.
So now, if I can focus for a few minutes, I’ll get around to this delicious recipe I have for you today. It’s perfect for the coming weekend. You know the one – the biggest football weekend of the year, right?
I started out making this recipe with the intent of calling it “taco dip,” but once we tasted it that was quickly changed to Bean Burrito Dip. It tastes for all the world like a beef and bean burrito. As a matter of fact, I took the leftovers, wrapped them in some warm, soft flour tortillas and had a great burrito dinner the next day.
How to Make Bean Burrito Dip
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring, until it’s all brown with no traces of pink. Drain the ground beef and return it to the pan.
Add the refried beans and stir until they’re well mixed with the cooked beef. Add the taco seasoning mix, salt, and oregano. Mix that all in really well.
Place the beef and bean mixture into a baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
On top of the beef-bean layer, add the salsa, black olives, and green onions. Dollop on the sour cream and carefully spread it over the top. Finish with the cheddar cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
Serve with tortilla chips. Use a good, sturdy chip with this. You need to be able to dig into the dip without your chip crumbling. Dainty, prissy little chips are not the best choice for this recipe!
More Dip Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Turnip Green Dip
- Beer and Three Cheese Dip
- Sausage Cheese Dip
- Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip
- Hot Baked Crab Dip
- Bleu Cheese Dip
- Spicy White Bean Dip
Dip Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Creamy Bacon Parmesan Dip from Buns in My Oven
- Cheesy Chorizo and Caramelized Onion Dip from Foodie Crush
- Lighter Bacon Cheeseburger Dip from Iowa Girl Eats
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip from Brown Eyed Baker
- Buffalo Chicken Dip from Fifteen Spatulas
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 tblsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 4 tsp. taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 4 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring, until all traces of pink are gone. Drain the ground beef and return it to the pan. Add the refried beans and stir until well mixed with the cooked beef. Add the taco seasoning mix, salt, and oregano. Mix well.
- Place the beef and bean mixture into a baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- On top of the beef-bean layer, add the salsa, black olives, and green onions. Dollop on the sour cream and carefully spread it over the top. Finish with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 168 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 461mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 11g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: