BLT Bites are perfect tiny appetizer sized single bite BLTs on sourdough bread. Serve with cocktails, as a first course, or as finger food for any party.
Don't you sometimes need just a bite or two of something? Not a whole sandwich, not a whole piece or slice, but just a bite. Well, this is one of those recipes for when you just want a bite. A bite of a BLT, that is.
These BLT Bites take all the elements of a classic bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich and reduces them to one gorgeous, delicious bite. It's simply toasted sourdough bread, topped with mayonnaise, a slice of bacon, lettuce and a halved cherry tomato. Sprinkle with salt. Devour.
Great for Sunday afternoons while watching whatever sporting event. Fabulous with drinks before dinner. Or just make a plate full for after school snacks.
How to Make BLT Bites
Cut the crusts from the bread. Then cut each slice of bread into four rectangles. Place the bread rectangles on a baking sheet and toast them until they're golden brown. Allow the toast to cool before proceeding.
Cut the bacon slices into thirds and cut the cherry tomatoes in half. I used some bacon I had left over from breakfast.
You really need to use the thickest market bacon you can find for this. The thinner bacon will crumble when you cut it into thirds and will crumble even worse when you put a toothpick through it in the final step.
Assemble the appetizers: Spread one side of each toast with mayonnaise. Top with one piece of bacon, a lettuce leaf and half a cherry tomato. Sprinkle with salt (I used a Hawaiian black sea salt in the photo).
Makes 12 appetizers.
More BLT Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
BLT Recipes From Other Bloggers:
- Gourmet BLT with Cheddar and Avocado from Pastry Chef Online
- BLT Grilled Cheese from Foodie Crush
- Breakfast BLT from Skinny Taste
- BLT Pasta Salad from Averie Cooks
- Seared Scallop BLT from We Are Not Martha
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 3 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices thick-cut market bacon cooked
- 6 ripe cherry tomatoes
- Cut the crust from the bread. Cut each slice of bread into four rectangles. Place bread rectangles on a baking sheet and toast until golden brown. Allow toast to cool before proceeding.
- Cut bacon slices into thirds. Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Assemble appetizers: Spread one side of each toast with mayonnaise. Top with one piece of bacon, a lettuce leaf and half a cherry tomato. Sprinkle with salt (I used a Hawaiian black sea salt in the photo).
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →