Creamy Steak and Mushrooms – steak tips in a creamy mushroom sauce served over rice. Quick and easy family dinner for any weeknight!
I have quite a few recipes that are my go-to’s for days when I’m either 1) too tired to cook, or 2) I just can’t come up with anything more exciting. Most of them are one-pot meals that require a little prep and have a long cooking time. I like that. It gives me time to do other things like set a pretty table or make a beautiful salad while the main dish tends to itself.
This Creamy Steak and Mushrooms is one of those old favorite standby recipes. It’s simple, satisfying, hearty food that is always enjoyed in our home. BeeBop really likes it. I mean, come on… it’s steak, mushrooms, and rice. That’s first cousins to meat and potatoes, right? Just kiddin’ sweetie.
How to Make Creamy Steak and Mushrooms
Start by cutting the steak into 1/2″ cubes. Make sure it’s nice and dry, blotting with paper towels to remove moisture if needed. Sprinkle all over with seasoned salt. I always use Jane’s Crazy Mixed-Up Salt, but any one that you like is fine.
Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed dutch oven. Add the steak and cook, stirring frequently, until browned. Remove the steak to a paper towel lined plate and set it aside for now.
Into the same pan, add the chopped onions, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
Return the beef to the pan, add the mushroom soup, water, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover the pan, place in oven and cook for 1 hour.
Serve over rice.
More Great Beef Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Beef and Stout Pie
- Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
- Creamed Chipped Beef
- Mexican Beef Stew
- Garlicky Beef Stew
- Creole Beef and Okra Soup
- Sunday Beef Stew
Similar recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Steak Tips with Peppered Mushroom Gravy from Cooking Light
- Steak Tips with Mushroom Sauce from La Mia Cucina
- Beef Tenderloin Tips with Bleu Cheese Sauce from What’s Cookin, Chicago?
Pin to Your Pinterest Beef Board!
- 1 ½ lbs. sirloin steak, cut in ½” cubes
- 1 tsp. (or more) seasoned salt (recommended: Jane’s Crazy Mixed-Up Salt)
- 1 ½ tblsp. oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can water
- 3 tblsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooked rice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the steak liberally with seasoned salt. Cook beef in oil until brown. Remove to paper towel lined plate to drain. Add chopped onions, garlic, and mushrooms to the pan and cook until onions are soft and translucent. Return the beef to the pan, add the mushroom soup, water, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover, place in oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve over rice.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 628 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 160mg Sodium: 1300mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 50g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make!
if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: