Creamy Steak and Mushrooms - steak tips in a creamy mushroom sauce served over rice. Quick and easy family dinner for any weeknight!
I have quite a few recipes that are my go-to's for days when I'm either 1) too tired to cook, or 2) I just can't come up with anything more exciting. Most of them are one-pot meals that require a little prep and have a long cooking time. I like that. It gives me time to do other things like set a pretty table or make a beautiful salad while the main dish tends to itself.
This Creamy Steak and Mushrooms is one of those old favorite standby recipes. It's simple, satisfying, hearty food that is always enjoyed in our home. BeeBop really likes it. I mean, come on... it's steak, mushrooms, and rice. That's first cousins to meat and potatoes, right? Just kiddin' sweetie.
How to Make Creamy Steak and Mushrooms
Start by cutting the steak into ½" cubes. Make sure it's nice and dry, blotting with paper towels to remove moisture if needed. Sprinkle all over with seasoned salt. I always use Jane's Crazy Mixed-Up Salt, but any one that you like is fine.
Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed dutch oven. Add the steak and cook, stirring frequently, until browned. Remove the steak to a paper towel lined plate and set it aside for now.
Into the same pan, add the chopped onions, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
Return the beef to the pan, add the mushroom soup, water, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover the pan, place in oven, and cook for 1 hour.
Serve over rice.
More Great Beef Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Beef and Stout Pie
- Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
- Creamed Chipped Beef
- Mexican Beef Stew
- Garlicky Beef Stew
- Creole Beef and Okra Soup
- Sunday Beef Stew
- Steak and Peppers
Similar Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Steak Tips with Peppered Mushroom Gravy from Cooking Light
- Steak Tips with Mushroom Sauce from La Mia Cucina
- Tenderloin Beef Tips and Mushrooms from Jersey Girl Cooks
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Creamy Steak and Mushrooms
- 1 ½ lbs. sirloin steak cut in ½” cubes
- 1 tsp. or more seasoned salt (recommended: Jane’s Crazy Mixed-Up Salt)
- 1 ½ tblsp. oil
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can water
- 3 tblsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the steak liberally with seasoned salt. Cook beef in oil until brown. Remove to paper towel lined plate to drain. Add chopped onions, garlic, and mushrooms to the pan and cook until onions are soft and translucent. Return the beef to the pan, add the mushroom soup, water, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover, place in oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →