Meatloaf Burgers - a classic meatloaf mix formed into burgers and served on toasted buns. A great change from the usual hamburger.
I don't know how or why I ever thought of this recipe for Meatloaf Burgers, but I'm so glad I did. Maybe it was a wish to change up a regular burger a little. You know, make it more interesting?
And, without bragging too much, I have to say that this recipe is a real winner! It's like a meatloaf sandwich on a bun without having the meatloaf dinner first.
And, juicy! My goodness, it's probably the most moist burger I've ever had. BeeBop thought they were great, too.
These are quick and easy. And if your family likes meatloaf, they're going to love these burgers.
How to Make Meatloaf Burgers:
Preheat the oven to 350F.
I like to use half beef and half pork for this burger. You can use all beef if you prefer, but it's the pork that gives it the extra moistness.
Combine the beef and pork with the onions and bell peppers. I like to chop the onions and bell peppers pretty finely. It's just nicer when you don't get a huge mouthful of onion or pepper. Mix together all the ingredients (except topping) being careful not to compact the mixture too much.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the meat mixture into four patties and place them on the baking sheet.
Combine ketchup and mustard for topping. Divide evenly among the four patties.
Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until done through. Spread each toasted bun with ½ tblsp mayonnaise. Place one burger on each toasted bun.
More Ground Meat Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Egg Noodle Lasagna
- Juicy Delicious Turkey Burgers
- BeeBop's Bacon Cheeseburger
- Burgers Nana Style
- Jumbo Meatballs and Spaghetti
Burger Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Perfect Burger Recipe from Natasha's Kitchen
- Green Chili Veggie Burgers from Minimalist Baker
- Barbecue Pork Burgers from Leite's Culinaria
- Blue Cheese Burgers from Simply Recipes
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
For the burgers:
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tblsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- ½ medium bell pepper finely chopped
For the topping:
- ½ cup catsup
- 2 tblsp. yellow mustard
- 4 hamburger buns split and toasted
- 2 tblsp.mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place all ingredients (except topping) in a large mixing bowl. Mix together being careful not to compact the mixture too much.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the meat mixture into four patties and place them 2-3 inches apart on the baking sheet. Combine catsup and mustard for topping. Divide evenly among the four patties.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until done through.
- Spread each toasted bun with ½ tblsp mayonnaise. Place one burger on each toasted bun.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.