Meatloaf Burgers – a classic meatloaf mix formed into burgers and served on toasted buns. A great change from the usual hamburger.
I don’t know how or why I ever thought of this recipe for Meatloaf Burgers, but I’m so glad I did. Maybe it was a wish to change up a regular burger a little. You know, make it more interesting?
And, without bragging too much, I have to say that this recipe is a real winner! It’s like a meatloaf sandwich on a bun without having the meatloaf dinner first.
And, juicy! My goodness, it’s probably the most moist burger I’ve ever had. BeeBop thought they were great, too.
These are quick and easy. And if your family likes meatloaf, they’re going to love these burgers.
How to Make Meatloaf Burgers:
Preheat the oven to 350F.
I like to use half beef and half pork for this burger. You can use all beef if you prefer, but it’s the pork that gives it the extra moistness.
Combine the beef and pork with the onions and bell peppers. I like to chop the onions and bell peppers pretty finely. It’s just nicer when you don’t get a huge mouthful of onion or pepper. Mix together all the ingredients (except topping) being careful not to compact the mixture too much.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the meat mixture into four patties and place them on the baking sheet.
Combine ketchup and mustard for topping. Divide evenly among the four patties.
Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until done through. Spread each toasted bun with 1/2 tblsp mayonnaise. Place one burger on each toasted bun.
More Burger Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
Burger Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Perfect Burger Recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen
- Green Chili Veggie Burgers from Minimalist Baker
- Barbecue Pork Burgers from Leite’s Culinaria
- Blue Cheese Burgers from Simply Recipes
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
For the burgers:
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tblsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, finely chopped
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 2 tblsp. yellow mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 tblsp.mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place all ingredients (except topping) in a large mixing bowl. Mix together being careful not to compact the mixture too much.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the meat mixture into four patties and place them 2-3 inches apart on the baking sheet. Combine catsup and mustard for topping. Divide evenly among the four patties.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until done through.
- Spread each toasted bun with 1/2 tblsp mayonnaise. Place one burger on each toasted bun.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 1036mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 38g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritonix and may not always be perfectly accurate. Use your own judgment.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: