Juicy, delicious, lightly seasoned and grilled turkey burgers.
What’s better in the summer (or any time for that matter) than a good old hamburger? When cooked to perfection, a burger is one of life’s great All-American pleasures.
And as much as I love (and I mean really, really love) beef, I know that it’s not the healthiest thing for me. So every once in a while we switch our beef burgers for turkey. And they’ve mostly been pretty good.
However, you probably know that they can usually be somewhat dry, but I just wrote that off as the ground turkey having little to no fat. That is, until I came up with this recipe!
This has to be the ultimate ground turkey burger. It’s flavorful and moist. It holds its shape well and is just excellent. The Gruyere cheese, green onions, and Dijon mustard in the mixture not only make it tasty, but they keep it nicely moist as well.
How to Make Turkey Burgers
Place the ground turkey, gruyere cheese, green onions, bread crumbs, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix together using a fork rather than your hands to help keep the mixture from becoming too compressed.
Form into four patties. Note: this makes four very large patties.
Cook over medium-high heat (either on a grill or in a saute pan) approximately 6 minutes on the first side. Flip the patties and finish cooking until internal temperature reaches 170 on a meat thermometer.
Serve on toasted buns with your condiments of choice. I used mayonnaise, catsup, lettuce and tomato slices. You already have the cheese and mustard inside the burger!
More Burger Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
Similar recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Grilled Pesto Turkey Burgers from The Lemon Bowl
- Southwestern Turkey Burgers with Guacamole and Spicy Aioli from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Feta Basil Turkey Burgers from Fifteen Spatulas
- The Juciest Turkey Burger from Lauren’s Latest
Pin to Your Pinterest Burgers Board!
- 1 1/3 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 2-3 green onions, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well using a fork to help keep the mixture from becoming too compressed.
- Form into four patties. Note: this makes four very large patties.
- Cook over medium high heat (either on a grill or in a saute pan) approximately 6 minutes on the first side. Flip patties and finish cooking until internal temperature reaches 170 on a meat thermometer.
- Serve on toasted buns with your condiments of choice. I used mayonnaise, catsup, lettuce and tomato slices.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 354 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 130mg Sodium: 769mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 55g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make!
if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: