This post is sponsored by Liberté Yogurt. All opinions are my own.
Earlier this month, I introduced you to one of Liberté Yogurt‘s new flavors, Cappuccino. Today, I’d like to introduce another – Caramel. This yogurt is a delight with pure melted caramel and rich milk. Yum. This is without a doubt one of my most favorite yogurts ever.
When you think of trifle, you probably don’t think of yogurt first, do you? But when I heard about Liberté’s new caramel flavor, trifle was the first thing that popped into my mind. And pears! Fresh, juicy pears. My next thought was of how I could combine that luscious, decadent Liberté caramel yogurt with fresh pears and put a little Southern spin on it. My solution was pound cake and peanut brittle resulting in this Pear and Caramel Yogurt Trifle.
I used quite a few purchased ingredients for this recipe, but if you wanted to make them individually from scratch you could. I took a good quality purchased pound cake, cut it into slices, buttered it, cubed it and toasted it for a few minutes. The buttering and toasting only added to the richness of the cake. I also purchased some peanut brittle and a salted caramel ice cream topping. Those could easily be made in your own kitchen but I was all about saving time with this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter one side of each slice of pound cake and cut into 1” cubes.
Place the cubes on a baking sheet and cook until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool.
You’ll need two containers of luscious Liberté Caramel Yogurt for this recipe. You’ll also need to go ahead and peel and core the pears and cut them into cubes about the same size as the pound cake cubes. Whip the cream and sugar to soft peaks and break up the peanut brittle into pieces about the size as the cubes of the pound cake and pears.
Using four individual serving glasses, make two layers beginning with the pound cake, Liberté caramel yogurt, peanut brittle, pears, and caramel topping.
Top with whipped cream.
- 4 slices purchased pound cake, 1” thick
- 2 tblsp. softened butter
- 2 pears
- 2 6 oz. containers Liberté caramel yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanut brittle
- 1/2 cup salted caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tblsp. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter one side of each slice of pound cake and cut into 1” cubes. Place the cubes on a baking sheet and cook until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Peel and core the pears and cut into cubes. Whip the cream and sugar to soft peaks.
- Using four individual serving glasses, make two layers beginning with the pound cake, Liberté caramel yogurt, peanut brittle, pears, and caramel topping.
- Top with whipped cream.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
More trifle recipes you might enjoy from around the internet:
- Easy Tiramisu Trifles from My Baking Addiction
- Skinny Berry Cheesecake Trifle from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Death by Chocolate Trifle from Seeded at the Table
- Greek Yogurt Berry Trifle from Damn Delicious
- Chocolate Caramel Blueberry Trifle from Lemons and Anchovies
What I was up to…
- One Year Ago: Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bread
- Two Years Ago: Mediterranean Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta
- Three Years Ago: Nutella Ice Cream Sandwich
- Four Years Ago: Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Five Years Ago: Potato Salad