This Pear and Caramel Yogurt Trifle combines layers of pound cake with caramel yogurt, fresh pears, peanut brittle, and caramel sauce.
Earlier this month, I introduced you to one of Liberté Yogurt’s new flavors, Cappuccino. Today, I’d like to introduce another – Caramel. This yogurt is a delight with pure melted caramel and rich milk. Yum. This is without a doubt one of my most favorite yogurts ever.
When you think of trifle, you probably don’t think of yogurt first, do you? But when I heard about Liberté’s new caramel flavor, trifle was the first thing that popped into my mind. And pears! Fresh, juicy pears.
My next thought was of how I could combine that luscious, decadent Liberté caramel yogurt with fresh pears and put a little Southern spin on it. My solution was pound cake and peanut brittle resulting in this Pear and Caramel Yogurt Trifle.
I used quite a few purchased ingredients for this recipe, but if you wanted to make them individually from scratch you could. I took a good quality purchased pound cake, cut it into slices, buttered it, cubed it and toasted it for a few minutes. The buttering and toasting only added to the richness of the cake.
I also purchased some peanut brittle and a salted caramel ice cream topping. Those could easily be made in your own kitchen but I was all about saving time with this recipe.
How to Make Pear and Caramel Yogurt Trifle
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter one side of each slice of pound cake and cut into 1” cubes.
Place the cubes on a baking sheet and cook until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool.
You’ll need two containers of luscious Liberté Caramel Yogurt for this recipe. You’ll also need to go ahead and peel and core the pears and cut them into cubes about the same size as the pound cake cubes. Whip the cream and sugar to soft peaks and break up the peanut brittle into pieces about the size as the cubes of the pound cake and pears.
Using four individual serving glasses, make two layers beginning with the pound cake, Liberté caramel yogurt, peanut brittle, pears, and caramel topping.
Top with whipped cream.
More Fresh Fruit Recipes on Lana’s Cooking:
- Spiced Pear Pancakes
- Pear and Apple Compote with Yogurt and Granola
- Pear Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Apple-Pear Salad and a Birthday Celebration
- Roasted Figs with Gorgonzola
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
I’d LOVE to know what you thought!
Leave a rating below in the comments and let me know how you liked it!
WE’RE ON FACEBOOK, TOO!
If you’d like to hang out with lots of other Southern Comfort Food lovers, make sure to join my FREE PRIVATE Facebook group.
Pear and Caramel Yogurt Trifle
- 4 slices purchased pound cake 1” thick
- 2 tblsp. softened butter
- 2 pears
- 2 6 oz. containers Liberté caramel yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanut brittle
- 1/2 cup salted caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tblsp. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter one side of each slice of pound cake and cut into 1” cubes. Place the cubes on a baking sheet and cook until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Peel and core the pears and cut into cubes. Whip the cream and sugar to soft peaks.
- Using four individual serving glasses, make two layers beginning with the pound cake, Liberté caramel yogurt, peanut brittle, pears, and caramel topping.
- Top with whipped cream.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.