An autumn alternative to oatmeal, Pear and Apple Compote with Yogurt and Granola. Warm cinnamon spiced pears and apples served over granola and Greek yogurt.
Everywhere I look lately, bloggers are posting their favorite oatmeal recipes. And rightly so. The leaves are changing, the temperatures are falling, and it’s quickly becoming the season for warm, comforting recipes. I like a nice bowl of warm, spiced oatmeal on a cool morning, too. But, to be honest, I get tired of it pretty quickly. I enjoy a little something different once in a while.
This Pear and Apple Compote with Yogurt and Granola is a great alternative to our everyday oatmeal. It’s warm and deliciously comforting and just different enough not to be boring! A bowl of granola topped with a bit of Greek yogurt and fruit. My idea of a perfect autumn breakfast. Yum!
How to Make Pear and Apple Compote with Yogurt and Granola
Use whatever varieties of apples and pears you like for this recipe. I used Honeycrisp apples this time along with two gorgeous red Bartlett pears just because that’s what I had on hand. Granny Smith apples are a good choice, too.
Peel and core the apples and pears and cut them into similar sized chunks.
Place the fruit, along with the sugar, cinnamon, and water, in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook 15-20 minutes or until the pears and apples are soft. The cooking time is up to you. If you like your fruit a bit softer, cook longer. Stir frequently during the cooking time.
About halfway through cooking stir in the raisins. I wait to add them in so that they aren’t completely mushy. Again, up to you. If you like yours to turn to mush, add them at the start. I won’t judge :-)
Divide the granola among 4 bowls and top each with two tablespoons Greek yogurt and 1/4 of the pear-apple compote. Drizzle the milk or cream around the edges of the bowl. Dust the top with a bit of ground cinnamon if you like. Serve warm.
More Breakfast Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
fruit compote from Other Bloggers:
- Small Batch Cranberry Pear Compote from Small Bites
- Cornmeal Waffles with Blackberry Compote from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Blueberry Compote from Skinny Taste
- Apple, Ginger, and Cardamom Compote from Green Kitchen Stories
Pin to Your Pinterest Breakfast Board!
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled and cored
- 2 pears, peeled and cored
- 2 tblsp. sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1 tsp. ground cinnamon)
- 2 tblsp. water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups granola
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- Cut the apples and pears into similar sized chunks. Place them, along with the sugar, cinnamon, and water, in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook 15-20 minutes or until the pears and apples are soft. Stir frequently during the cooking time.
- About halfway through cooking stir in the raisins.
- Divide the granola among 4 bowls and top each with two tablespoons Greek yogurt and 1/4 of the pear-apple compote. Drizzle the milk or cream around the edges of the bowl. Serve warm.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1009 Total Fat: 37g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 25g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 104mg Carbohydrates: 151g Fiber: 24g Sugar: 83g Protein: 27g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make!
if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: