These mini Caprese appetizers contain all the elements of a classic Caprese salad in appetizer form.
All the elements of a classic caprese salad in an appetizer! I actually wanted to call this “Caprese on a Stick” but thought that really wasn’t quite nice enough for this little appetizer. Make these Mini Caprese Appetizers in advance if you like, but be sure to let them come to room temperature before serving. Much more flavorful that way.
How to Make Mini Caprese Appetizers
Combine the parsley, chives, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss with the mozzarella. Cover and set aside for at least one hour.
Cut tomatoes and basil leaves in half. On a toothpick or short skewer, place one half of tomato, a piece of basil leaf, a mozzarella ball and finish with the second tomato half.
More Appetizers on Never Enough Thyme:
- Baked Fontina with Herbs
- Strawberry-Balsamic Appetizer
- Savory Tomato Goat Cheese Tarts
- Sausage-Pineapple Rollups
- Sausage Balls with Two Dipping Sauces
Caprese Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Caprese Skewers from The Recipe Critic
- Natasha’s Kitchen’s Caprese Crostini Canapes
- 5-Ingredient Caprese Phyllo Cups from Gimme Some Oven
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 10 bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls) or make pieces from a large mozzarella ball
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
- 2 tblsp chopped chives
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Combine the parsley, chives, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss with the mozzarella. Cover and set aside for at least one hour.
- Cut tomatoes and basil leaves in half. On a toothpick or short skewer, place one half of tomato, a piece of basil leaf, a mozzarella ball and finish with the second tomato half.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 222mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 6g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: