In all the time I’ve been writing here on the blog, I’ve never posted a coffee cake! Until now, anyway. And what a great one to do as the first – this Sour Cream Pecan Coffee Cake has a mixture of pecans, cinnamon and brown sugar for the topping with a soft, moist, and slightly tangy cake layer. Yum.
Coffee cakes are so easy to make. There’s just one lovely little layer – no worries about getting those multiple layers stacked correctly – and no frosting! Frosting and I are not always good friends. Sometimes it likes me and sometimes it just refuses to cooperate. Sometimes it’s too thick, sometimes too thin and it’s always a big mess. Yes sir, give me a simple one-layer cake like this and I’m really happy.
Enjoy this delicious coffee cake with, naturally, a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. It makes a nice ending for breakfast, a lovely little afternoon snack or even a light dessert.
Other coffee cake recipes you might enjoy:
- Lemon Pull-Apart Coffee Cake from Leite’s Culinaria
- Cranberry Coffee Cake from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Barbara Bakes’ Cinnamon Creme Coffee Cake
- Joy the Baker’s Mocha Coffee Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Sreusel Coffee Cake from Inn Cuisine
What I was up to…
- One year ago: Brunswick Stew
- Two years ago: Seafood Stew
- Three years ago: Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes