Luscious baked beans side dish cooked with a layer of bacon. Perfect side dish for barbecued spare ribs, or any summertime cookout.
If you saw the last post with the slow cooker ribs, then you’ll know where this post originated as well. I mean, really, what’s better with barbecued ribs than a side dish of baked beans?
Actually, this was the first time I’d ever measured the ingredients for my baked beans. It’s just something that I’ve been making for as long as I can remember and I never wrote it down until now. This is the way I remember my Mama making this baked beans side dish for us as children and they’re still just as good today as they were back then!
How to Make My Baked Beans Side Dish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Pour the can of beans into a shallow casserole dish.
Chop the onion and bell pepper and add to the beans.
Add the catsup, mustard, and syrup. Mix well.
Cover the surface of the beans with the bacon.
Cook for about 1 hour or until bacon is done and beans are thickened.
More Great Barbecue Side Dishes on Never Enough Thyme:
Baked Beans Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- The Best Southern Baked Beans from Add A Pinch
- Bourbon Peach BBQ Baked Beans from Half Baked Harvest
- Lion House Baked Beans from The Recipe Critic
- Honey and Cider Baked Beans from Dishing Up The Dirt
Pin to Your Cookout Pinterest Board!
- 1 53 oz. can Van Camp's baked beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 2 tblsp. yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup Karo syrup
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the can of baked beans into a shallow casserole dish.
- Chop the onion and bell pepper and add to the beans. Add the catsup, mustard and syrup. Mix well.
- Cover the surface of the beans with the bacon.
- Cook for 1 hour or until bacon is done and beans are thickened.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 285 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 986mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 18g Protein: 15g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make!
if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: