Cheese Ravioli with Chunky Tomato Sauce
Cheese Ravioli with Chunky Tomato Sauce – delicious ravioli filled with four cheeses and topped with a chunky tomato and veggie sauce.
Buitoni pasta has this new line of filled pastas that you can find in your local grocery store’s refrigerated section. There are four of them: Chicken and Four Cheese, Quattro Formaggi, Spicy Beef and Sausage, and Wild Mushroom.
I chose to try the Quattro Formaggi first. I have to tell you that it was excellent. The quality of a good Italian restaurant. Really.
You could use any of your favorite Italian style sauces on this ravioli with very good results. I made up a chunky tomato and veggie sauce for mine. We added a tossed salad and garlic bread to complete the meal. Very good. Not too heavy but very satisfying.
Pick up a package of this new product and give it a try and make my chunky tomato sauce to go along with it if you like.
How to Make Cheese Ravioli with Chunky Tomato Sauce
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
Meanwhile, prepare veggies. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
Add onions and garlic and sauté until onion is slightly soft, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add carrot, celery and peppers. Saute until veggies are slightly soft, approximately 4-5 minutes.
Add tomatoes with their liquid. Cook until liquid is reduced and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
Add wine, salt and red pepper cooking for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
Remove ravioli from water and drain each briefly on paper towels. Arrange on plate and spoon sauce over top. Add more parmesan for serving, if desired.
🧾 More Recipes You’ll Like
- Jumbo Meatballs and Spaghetti
- Pasta with Sausage and Leeks
- Creamy Shrimp and Pasta
- Classic Pasta Puttanesca
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
I’d LOVE to know what you thought!
Leave a rating below in the comments and let me know how you liked it!
WE’RE ON FACEBOOK, TOO!
If you’d like to hang out with lots of other Southern Comfort Food lovers, make sure to join my FREE PRIVATE Facebook group.
Cheese Ravioli with Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 9 oz 4-Cheese ravioli fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1/2 large bell pepper
- 14.5 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare veggies. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onion is slightly soft, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrot, celery and peppers. Saute until veggies are slightly soft, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid. Cook until liquid is reduced and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add wine, salt and red pepper cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Remove ravioli from water and drain each briefly on paper towels. Arrange on plate and spoon sauce over top. Add more Parmesan for serving, if desired.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
More Ravioli Recipes …
- Baked Ravioli from Taste and Tell
- Brown Butter Alfredo Baked Ravioli from Lauren’s Latest
- Toasted Ravioli from The Pioneer Woman
- Zucchini Sausage Ravioli from Budget Bytes
Your sauce looks awesome. The chunkier, the better. It’s a good pair for those raviolis.
I’ve just tried the Wild Mushroom Agnolotti and will post it later today. My next one will be the Quattro Formaggio and I will make your sauce. Looks good.
Are you looking for a career as a food stylist? That dish was the perfect balance of color and texture. It made me want to go right to the nearest grocery store and grab all of the ingredients!
Way to go.
mmmmm,. cheesy pasta with a fabulous tomato sauce. It looks and sounds like something I’d love! Thanks for the recipe and I must check out that line of Buitoni
this one looks succulent n delicious.
Good one for a nice family dinner. We love raviolis here. Thanks, s
that looks delicious! I’ve never tried Buitoni pasta but I’ll put it on my list. I love sauces that are more chunky. Excellent!