Easy Sausage Muffins – savory sausage muffins with eggs and cheddar cheese. Great grab-and-go breakfast for busy mornings.
It’s back to school time all over the country and that means busy, hectic mornings for families. I remember those days so well. Always a rush to get out the door to school and work and always a struggle to get something decent on the table for breakfast.
Isn’t it nice to have an easy recipe in your arsenal for those days when you want more than a cold bowl of cereal? Something savory and hearty like these Easy Sausage Muffins.
This recipe is so simple with only four ingredients and minimal prep time. They’re very much like the old classic sausage balls but with lots less hands-on time. You can make these on the weekend and store them in the fridge. A quick zap in the microwave and you have a nice, warm, cheese-y muffin full of sausage that will take you right through until lunch.
I was talking to “Miss P” yesterday afternoon about what I was planning to post today and she had a great idea. Bake these in mini-muffin tins and serve them with your game day spread! They’d be great with a little spicy mustard to spread on top and your favorite adult beverage.
How to Make Easy Sausage Muffins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
Choose your favorite bulk breakfast sausage for these muffins. Mild, medium, or hot. Whatever your family likes best.
Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until no pink color remains. As the sausage cooks, break it up using a potato masher or large fork so that it is crumbly and loose. Drain as much fat as possible from the cooked sausage.
Add the eggs, shredded cheese, cooked drained sausage and baking mix to a medium bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined.
Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
More Breakfast Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Hash Brown Casserole
- Creamed Mushrooms with Poached Eggs
- Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Roll Pastries
- Crescent Roll Breakfast Stacks
- Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
Savory Muffin Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins from Brown Eyed Baker
- Cheddar Cheese and Olive Oil Savory Muffins from Averie Cooks
- Cheddar Jalapeno Muffins from All Day I Dream About Food
- Smoked Salmon and Gorgonzola Cheese Savory Muffins from Cookin’ Canuck
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Muffins from She Wears Many Hats
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 lb. bulk sausage
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup baking mix (recommend: Bisquick)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until no pink color remains. As the sausage cooks, break it up using a potato masher or large fork so that it is crumbly and loose. Drain as much fat as possible from the cooked sausage.
- Add the eggs, shredded cheese, cooked drained sausage and baking mix to a medium bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 586mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: