Serve these Hot Curried Georgia Peaches along with pound cake and butter pecan ice cream for a delightfully different dessert.
Welcome to Progressive Eats, a virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. This month’s theme is all about Stone Fruits and is hosted by Ansh Dhar who blogs at Spiceroots. With summer coming to an end, it’s a great time to use the season’s abundant bounty in everyday food. We have some great ideas this month for using stone fruit – from barbecue sauce to curries to duck and, of course, desserts.
If you’re not familiar with the concept of a progressive dinner, it’s an event where diners go from house to house enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and readers can hop from blog to blog to check them out. All of this month’s recipes are linked at the bottom of this post!
My contribution for stone fruits had to be, of course, peaches! What else would a Georgia girl choose? This is a take on an old southern recipe for Curried Fruit that makes an appearance on many holiday tables throughout the south. However, I’ve changed it up a bit to use only peaches and instead of serving it as a side dish, I’ve moved it to the dessert course and am serving it with butter pecan ice cream and pound cake. It’s a fabulous combination that I hope you’ll try!
How to Make Hot Curried Georgia Peaches
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the frozen peach slices and pecans in a 9×13 baking dish.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Remove the pan from the heat, add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
Sprinkle over the peaches and pecans.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring gently every 10-15 minutes.
For each serving, place a slice of pound cake on the plate or in a bowl. Top with a scoop of butter pecan ice cream and hot curried peaches.
More Fruit Desserts on Never Enough Thyme:
- Strawberry Cobbler
- Peach Blueberry Basil Cobbler
- Apple Slab Pie
- The Real Deal Banana Pudding
- Pineapple Blueberry Basil Galette
- Apricot-Thyme Galette
Be sure to visit all the blogs below to see their fantastic stone fruit recipes for this month’s event!
August – Stone Fruits:
- Grilled Peaches, Basil and Honey Appetizer from Miss in the Kitchen
- Black Plum, Avocado, and Mozzarella Salad from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Barbecue Sauce from Stetted
- Lamb and Fresh Plum Tagine from Spiceroots
- Pan-Seared Duck Breasts with Fresh Plum Sauce (GF) from The Heritage Cook
- Hot Curried Georgia Peaches from Never Enough Thyme
- Peach-Bourbon Upside Down Cake from Creative Culinary
- Stone Fruit Panzanella Dulce (Dessert Panzanella) from Pastry Chef Online
- Peach Raspberry Galette from That Skinny Chic Can Bake
- Yogurt Plum Coffee Cake from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Gluten-Free Apricot Almond Frangipane Tart from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Stone Fruit Cobbler from Food Hunter’s Guide
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 2 lb. frozen, sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tblsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- Purchased pound cake
- Butter pecan ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the frozen peach slices and pecans in a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Remove the pan from the heat, add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Sprinkle over the peaches and pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring gently every 10-15 minutes.
- For each serving, place a slice of pound cake on the plate or in a bowl. Top with a scoop of butter pecan ice cream and hot curried peaches.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 491 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 147mg Carbohydrates: 81g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 36g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: