Strawberry Balsamic Cream Cheese Bites - an hors d'oeuvres with a lovely combination of sweet ripe strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and cracked black pepper.
I've been on a bit of an appetizer kick lately. You might remember my last post - those cute little BLT Bites that lots of people liked. BeeBop really enjoyed those! And while he was testing them, I helped myself to a few of these Strawberry Balsamic Cream Cheese Bites.
This is a quick and easy appetizer with quite a sophisticated taste. This little bite combines strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and cracked black pepper which, I believe, is a classic of Italian cuisine. Though, I may be completely wrong about that and please correct me if I am.
The base for the appetizer is a cracked pepper and olive oil flavored Triscuit cracker. Have you tried these yet? The ones with cracked black pepper and olive oil? I had not until recently and I am so impressed with the taste of them.
They're quite good with a nice cheese and glass of wine and they make these little appetizers a snap to put together. I actually saw this recipe in one of Kraft Food's publications and knew immediately that I wanted to try it. It's a definite keeper.
How to Make Strawberry Balsamic Cream Cheese Bites
(Note: If you can't find the triscuits, you can mix a little olive oil and lots of cracked black pepper into the cream cheese and just use a neutral flavored cracker.)
Wash the strawberries, remove the tops and cut them in half. You want to use the sweetest, ripest strawberries you can find for this. The contrast in flavors between the sweetness of the strawberries with the balsamic vinegar and black pepper is what makes this so interesting.
Place a teaspoon of cream cheese on each of the crackers. Top with a strawberry half.
Place the assembled appetizers on a serving dish and add a drop or two of balsamic vinegar to the top of each strawberry.
More Appetizer Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Crispy Baked Okra Chips
- Texas Caviar
- Sausage Balls with Two Dipping Sauces
- Meatballs with Dijon-Whiskey Sauce
- Pecan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Sausage Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
Strawberry Appetizer Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Easy Strawberry Salsa from She Wears Many Hats
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta from Reluctant Entertainer
- Strawberry Jalapeno Cheese Ball from Favorite Family Recipes
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Strawberry Balsamic Cream Cheese Bites
- 12 Triscuit Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil crackers
- 12 tsp. softened cream cheese
- 6 ripe sweet strawberries, halved
- Balsamic vinegar
- Wash the strawberries, remove the tops and cut them in half.
- Place a teaspoon of cream cheese on each of the crackers and top with a strawberry half.
- Place the assembled appetizers on a serving dish and add a drop or two of balsamic vinegar to the top of each strawberry.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →