A delicious Warm Vegetable Salad with red skinned potatoes and green beans tossed in a tangy lemon-garlic dressing. Great year round side dish!
You know how sometimes you see someone making a recipe on television and you just automatically know how delicious it would be? You find yourself watching them and thinking, "Ooooo...look at that! I've gotta make that right now."
Well, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw someone making a recipe for warm vegetable salad. I could just imagine the taste of the lemony-garlic dressing over warm new potatoes and green beans with bits of roasted red pepper in there. Yum.
But I knew I could make a few changes and turn that tv recipe into something really fabulous. I wasted no time getting to work on this one and I was absolutely right - it is delicious.
See, I'm really a savory kind of girl. Not that I don't enjoy sweets. I do. But, I'd push a cake and two pies right off the buffet to make room for a perfectly cooked ribeye. Or a fabulous potato salad like this one.
How to Make Warm Vegetable Salad
You'll start this salad by washing the potatoes. No peeling necessary!
Then bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until they're tender. Takes about 10-12 minutes.
While the potatoes are cooking, trim and cut the green beans.
I used haricot verts for this. I like them much better than the regular beans which often have a sort of "grassy" taste to me.
Haricot verts are much more tender and tasty and they cook very quickly. I just cut them in half, but if you use regular green beans you may need to cut them lengthwise too. Use your own judgment on that.
Once the potatoes are nice and tender, remove them with a slotted spoon and drop the beans into the same boiling water. They'll only need about 3 minutes to cook through.
Remove them from the pot to a large bowl. Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces while they're still warm and add them to the bowl with the beans.
Cut the roasted peppers into about 1-inch square pieces and toss them in, too. You can roast the peppers yourself if you want, but I really like the Vigo brand flame-roasted peppers. Vigo makes quality stuff that makes my life easier :-)
Add the scallions, parsley, and garlic and toss everything together.
Make the dressing by combining the oregano, lemon juice, zest, and white wine vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the warm vegetables and toss well to coat everything with the dressing.
This fabulous salad would go well with many main dishes. Particularly grilled chicken or steak. And it would be great for taking to picnics. I'd take the dressing in a separate container and combine it right before serving.
You May Also Like ...
- Lemon Dill Potato Salad
- Roasted Potato Salad
- Favorite Summertime Potato Salad
- Potato and Green Bean Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Broccoli Salad
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down.
You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too!
Warm Vegetable Salad
- 1 ½ pounds small red skinned potatoes
- ¾ pounds green beans trimmed and halved
- 1 bunch scallions sliced
- 2 roasted red bell peppers (recomend: Vigo brand)
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash the potatoes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the boiling water and add the green beans to the pot.
- Cook the beans until tender (about 3 minutes). Remove the green beans to a large bowl.
- Slice the potatoes into bite size pieces while still warm and add them to the bowl with the green beans.
- Cut the roasted red bell peppers into approximately 1” inch square pieces. Add to the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add the scallions, parsley and garlic and toss well to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the oregano, lemon juice, zest and white wine vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Pour over the warm vegetables and toss well to coat with the dressing.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.