White Bean Turkey Chili is a quick and easy lighter chili made with ground turkey breast and Great Northern Beans in a red tomato sauce.
Back when I started writing Never Enough Thyme, one of the first things I posted was my Quick and Easy Chili recipe. It’s my standard beef-with-beans-and-tomatoes shortcut chili recipe. And it’s mine and BeeBop’s favorite. A true standard, go-to recipe in cold weather.
But, you know, sometimes you just want something a little different, don’t you? Just wanna shake it up and change it around. And with cooler weather coming soon, what better time than to shake up that old chili recipe with something a little lighter.
This White Bean Turkey Chili recipe is every bit as good and comforting as its beef-based cousin. It’s somewhat lighter in calories but every bit as robust in taste. I like to serve it with a side of Chili Cheese Corn Muffins. It’s also great warmed up the next day. Maybe even better, actually.
How to Make White Bean Turkey Chili
Chop the onion and bell pepper. Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray and add the ground turkey, onion and green pepper. I used ground turkey breast in this, but you could use just the regular ground turkey, too.
Cook over medium heat about 8 minutes or until the turkey is crumbled and no longer pink.
Stir in tomatoes, beans, V-8 juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. And, oops, I forgot to take a picture of the salt and pepper, but I think you probably know what it looks like :-)
Bring the mixture to a boil, the reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with sour cream, grated cheddar cheese and cilantro for garnish if desired.
More Chili Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
Turkey Chili Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Turkey Chili from Natasha’s Kitchen
- Easy 30 Minute Turkey Chili from Averie Cooks
- 3 Bean Turkey Chili from Skinny Taste
- Turkey Chili from Spend With Pennies
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- Cooking spray
- 20 oz. lean ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 15 oz cans Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 small cans V-8 juice
- 1 tblsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Add the ground turkey, onion and green pepper.
- Cook over medium heat about 8 minutes or until the turkey is crumbled and no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, V-8 juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, the reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, grated cheddar cheese and cilantro for garnish if desired.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 1353mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 13gSugar: 11gProtein: 43g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritonix and may not always be perfectly accurate. Use your own judgment.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: