Today’s recipe is quick, easy, delicious, and perfect for your next cocktail or football party! Really. This takes no more than 10 minutes in the kitchen and the flavors are just outstanding. Which is a really good thing for me right now as I’m waiting for a bout of sciatica to subside. Ow.
These Sweet and Spicy Peanuts combine red hot pepper flakes and Chinese 5-spice powder with your favorite cocktail peanuts and honey. The only problem? It’s really hard to stop eating until they’re all gone :-) Put this one on your list for Super Bowl!
Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the honey, peanuts, red pepper flakes, and 5-spice powder.
Cook, stirring constantly, until peanuts are brown and glazed (about 5 minutes). Keep the heat no higher than medium and watch very carefully as the honey and nuts will burn easily.
Allow to cool completely; transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and blot with additional paper towel to remove excess oil.
More peanut snack recipes you might enjoy:
- Chile Peanuts from Leite’s Culinaria
- Indian Spiced Peanuts from Cooking with Siri
- Spiced Siamese Peanuts from Viet World Kitchen
- Spicy Salt-Roasted Peanuts from Uncle Jerry’s Kitchen
What I was up to…
- One year ago: Slow Cooker White Beans with Smoked Ham Hocks
- Two years ago: Beans and Greens Soup
- Three years ago: Lemon Bars
- Four years ago: Southern Fried Quail
- Five years ago: Toffee Bars (a.k.a. Redneck Toffee)