Creamy Shrimp and Pasta - succulent shrimp in a creamy Parmesan sauce served over egg noodles.
I got a new cookbook! (and BeeBop's looking at me like, "yeah, so what else is new?")
I do love cookbooks. I have an extensive collection.
No, it's not an addiction. It's...it's...it's just a collection. Really it is.
This new one is Cooking Light's Superfast Suppers and it has some really great sounding, quick to prepare dishes. I'll probably feature several of them over the next few weeks. Because, you know, I'm not a recipe developer or anything like that. I mean I don't sit around thinking up new recipes. I'm nowhere near that creative.
I do, however, love to try new recipes from cookbooks, magazines, newspapers...wherever I find them! And the one I tried tonight, this Creamy Shrimp and Pasta, is a definite winner though I did change it around a little bit.
The original recipe calls for half scallops and half shrimp, but I didn't have scallops so we wound up with all shrimp. Not a problem for me!
How to Make Creamy Shrimp and Pasta
Cook noodles according to package directions and hold until needed.
Prepare the green onions. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter.
Add the garlic and saute for a minute or two. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and add them to the green onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or untilthe shrimp is done.
Add the half-and-half along with the Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Add the noodles, salt, and pepper. Stir together to coat the noodles well.
More Shrimp Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Oven Fried Shrimp Po' Boy
- Winter Shrimp Salad
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Shrimp Creole
- Summer Shrimp Cocktail
Shrimp and Pasta Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta from The Recipe Critic
- Italian Shrimp Pasta from Rasa Malaysia
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta from Gimme Some Oven
- Garlic Shrimp Pasta from Averie Cooks
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 6 oz. uncooked egg noodles
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tblsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (about 2-3)
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for a minute or two. Add the shrimp and green onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until shrimp is done.
- Add half-and-half and Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add noodles, salt, and pepper. Stir together to coat the noodles well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 1453mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritonix and may not always be perfectly accurate. Use your own judgment.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
| facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter |