Creamy Shrimp and Pasta - succulent shrimp in a creamy Parmesan sauce served over egg noodles.
I got a new cookbook! (and BeeBop's looking at me like, "yeah, so what else is new?")
I do love cookbooks. I have an extensive collection.
No, it's not an addiction. It's...it's...it's just a collection. Really it is.
This new one is Cooking Light's Superfast Suppers and it has some really great sounding, quick to prepare dishes. I'll probably feature several of them over the next few weeks. Because, you know, I'm not a recipe developer or anything like that. I mean I don't sit around thinking up new recipes. I'm nowhere near that creative.
I do, however, love to try new recipes from cookbooks, magazines, newspapers...wherever I find them! And the one I tried tonight, this Creamy Shrimp and Pasta, is a definite winner though I did change it around a little bit.
The original recipe calls for half scallops and half shrimp, but I didn't have scallops so we wound up with all shrimp. Not a problem for me!
How to Make Creamy Shrimp and Pasta
Cook noodles according to package directions and hold until needed.
Prepare the green onions. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter.
Add the garlic and saute for a minute or two. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and add them to the green onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or untilthe shrimp is done.
Add the half-and-half along with the Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Add the noodles, salt, and pepper. Stir together to coat the noodles well.
More Shrimp Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Oven Fried Shrimp Po' Boy
- Winter Shrimp Salad
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Shrimp Creole
- Summer Shrimp Cocktail
Shrimp and Pasta Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta from The Recipe Critic
- Italian Shrimp Pasta from Rasa Malaysia
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta from Gimme Some Oven
- Garlic Shrimp Pasta from Averie Cooks
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Creamy Shrimp and Pasta
- 6 oz. uncooked egg noodles
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tblsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions about 2-3
- ½ cup fat-free half-and-half
- ½ cup shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for a minute or two. Add the shrimp and green onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until shrimp is done.
- Add half-and-half and Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add noodles, salt, and pepper. Stir together to coat the noodles well.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →