Heavenly Peach Pie with a sour cream filling in an almond and coconut pie shell. The perfect way to highlight delicious fresh peaches in season.
Today I have a beautiful, simple, and fresh summer dessert to share with you. And the best part is that there’s almost no cooking involved. Just a few minutes in the oven for the pie shell and that’s it!
This gorgeous pie uses one of my favorite summer fruits – peaches – and features them in the best way possible. Peeled, sliced, and slathered with freshly whipped cream. What could be better for a summer dessert, I ask you?
How to Make Heavenly Peach Pie
Since I can’t make a regular pie crust to save my life, I especially like this almond and coconut crust that is just pressed into the pan. Grind the almonds in your food processor, add the coconut, sugar, and melted butter. Mix that all together and press it into the pie pan.
Cook it briefly, 12 to 15 minutes will do, and then let it cool completely before you assemble the rest of the pie.
To make the sour cream filling: In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, salt, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Spread that mixture on the bottom of the pie shell.
Peel and slice some perfectly ripe peaches and arrange them prettily over the sour cream mixture. Whip the cream with a little sugar and spread that over the peaches.
And, that’s it! Easy as, well…pie!
🧾 More Recipes You’ll Like
- Egg Custard Pie
- Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Lime Glaze
- Chocolate Meringue Pie
- Pecan Cheesecake Pie
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Apple Slab Pie
Have you tried this recipe? I’d really appreciate you giving it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card or in the comments section.
AND REMEMBER TO SIGN UP FOR MY FACEBOOK GROUP.
If you’d like to hang out with me and lots of other online Southern Comfort Food lovers, make sure to join my FREE PRIVATE Facebook group.
Heavenly Peach Pie
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- dash of salt
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ripe fresh peaches peeled and sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grind the almonds in a food processor. Add to a small bowl with the coconut, sugar, and melted butter. Stir together until evenly combined.
- Press into a 9” pie plate. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the shell is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Combine the sour cream, salt, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir together until well combined.
- Spread the sour cream mixture on the bottom of the prepared pie shell.
- Arrange the peaches on top of the sour cream mixture.
- Beat the cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream over peaches.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.