Heavenly Peach Pie with a sour cream filling in an almond and coconut pie shell. The perfect way to highlight delicious fresh peaches in season.
Today I have a beautiful, simple, and fresh summer dessert to share with you. And the best part is that there’s almost no cooking involved. Just a few minutes in the oven for the pie shell and that’s it!
This gorgeous pie uses one of my favorite summer fruits – peaches – and features them in the best way possible. Peeled, sliced, and slathered with freshly whipped cream. What could be better for a summer dessert, I ask you?
How to Make Heavenly Peach Pie
Since I can’t make a regular pie crust to save my life, I especially like this almond and coconut crust that is just pressed into the pan. Grind the almonds in your food processor, add the coconut, sugar, and melted butter. Mix that all together and press it into the pie pan.
Cook it briefly, 12 to 15 minutes will do, and then let it cool completely before you assemble the rest of the pie.
In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, salt, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Spread that mixture on the bottom of the pie shell.
Peel and slice some perfectly ripe peaches and arrange them prettily over the sour cream mixture. Whip the cream with a little sugar and spread that over the peaches.
And, that’s it! Easy as, well…pie!
More Pie Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
Peach Pie Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Peach and Creme Fraiche Pie from Smitten Kitchen
- Fresh Peach Pie from Leite’s Culinaria
- Mom’s Peach Pie from A Farm Girl’s Dabbles
- Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Peach Pie from Pink Parsley
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- dash of salt
- 4 tblsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5-6 ripe fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tblsp. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grind the almonds in a food processor. Add to a small bowl with the coconut, sugar, and melted butter. Stir together until evenly combined.
- Press into a 9” pie plate. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the shell is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Combine the sour cream, salt, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir together until well combined.
- Spread the sour cream mixture on the bottom of the prepared pie shell.
- Arrange the peaches on top of the sour cream mixture.
- Beat the cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream over peaches.
- Serve immediately.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 645Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 91gFiber: 5gSugar: 84gProtein: 6g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: