32 Recipes For Your Labor Day Menu
Are you ready for the holiday weekend? Got plans for a cook-out or maybe a picnic? No matter what your Labor Day menu plans are, I’m here to help! I have all the best recipe ideas for Your Labor Day Menu right here!
You can definitely count on one thing – our Labor Day menu will certainly have a Southern bent and many of the following recipes will be included. I’ve gathered some of the most popular southern summer recipes to choose from for the perfect spread.
There’s enough variety here that I’m sure you’ll find at least one or two to add to your Labor Day menu! Let’s start with the main course, shall we?
An always popular menu item here is my Slow Cooker Ribs! Followed closely by Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. Both of these are always a good choice for us because our weather can be really unpredictable this time of year!
If you’re not a fan of the barbecue, then how about a great grilled burger. BeeBop’s Bacon Cheeseburger is a fantastic choice.
1. Slow Cooker Barbecued Ribs
2. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
3. BeeBop’s Bacon Cheeseburger
4. Juicy Grilled Turkey Burgers
5. Juicy Meatloaf Burgers
6. Air Fryer Taco Burgers
7. Buffalo Chicken Dogs
8. Perfect Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
You know you can’t have a summer cookout menu without including several salads, right? Some of my favorites are this Black Eyed Pea Salad, old-fashioned Copper Pennies, Fire and Ice Tomatoes, and my traditional Potato Salad.
And if you’re a born-and-bred Southerner (or just one at heart) you know you must include a congealed salad! Polly’s Pink Stuff fits that requirement very nicely.
9. Black Eyed Pea Salad
10. Old Fashioned Copper Pennies
11. Fire and Ice Tomatoes
12. Southern Potato Salad
13. Raspberry Jello Mold (“Polly’s Pink Stuff”)
14. Tomato and Avocado Salad
15. Southern Tomato Cracker Salad
16. Layered Tortellini Salad
17. Black Bean and Corn Salad
18. Mexican Street Corn Salad
Now, on to the sides! What better to go with the pulled pork or barbecued ribs above than a pot of Brunswick Stew? And, of course, Baked Beans are pretty much a given.
Also, if your crew doesn’t care for the mayonnaise type of potato salad, why don’t you try my Lemon-Dill Potato Salad? It’s nice and tangy and you can easily take it to a friend’s house or on a picnic without worrying about the mayonnaise!
And then there’s Deviled Eggs. One of BeeBop’s all-time favorite recipes. I think he could eat a dozen of them right by himself.
19. Copycat KFC Coleslaw
20. My Big Fat Greek Appetizer | Feta Dip
21. Old Fashioned Brunswick Stew
22. Mama’s Southern Baked Beans with Bacon
23. Lemon Dill Potato Salad
24. Traditional Southern Deviled Eggs
25. Alabama Fire Crackers
26. Refrigerator Kosher Dill Pickles – Claussen Copycat Recipe
No celebration would be complete without a delicious dessert, right? One of my favorites and one which I haven’t made in quite some time is good Old-Fashioned Southern Teacakes. Not exactly a cookie but not a cake either and not too sweet, they’re just perfect for a light treat after a big meal.
Or maybe you could go for something cold? Like my Homemade Peach Ice Cream. But if cake is what you’re craving, choose one of these Southern specialties – Caramel Layer Cake or Chocolate Little Layer Cake. Both are delicious and very, very Southern.
27. Old Fashioned Southern Tea Cakes
28. Homemade Peach Ice Cream
29. Old Fashioned Southern Caramel Layer Cake
30. Chocolate Little Layer Cake
31. Easy Strawberry Jello Pie
32. Blueberry Pie Cookies
So there you have it! A recap of some of the very best recipes from Lana’s Cooking for your Labor Day celebration.
More Recipe Collections
- Best Soups and Stews
- Best Pantry Recipes To Make Today. No Shopping Needed.
- Best St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Best Traditional Southern Comfort Food Recipes
- Chocolate Recipes Perfect for Valentine’s Day
- My Best Super Bowl Recipes for Your Best Game Day Ever!
- Best of the Best Thanksgiving Menu Planner
- Best Red, White, and Blue 4th of July Recipes
- Memorial Day Menu Planning
- Christmas Recipe Roundup – Appetizers
- Christmas Recipe Roundup – Homemade Candies
- A Meat and Potatoes Father’s Day Celebration
- Back to School Recipe Roundup
Thanks! I think I’ve decided to make pulled pork for our Independence Day. With coleslaw and potato salad. Don’t know about dessert yet, but maybe teacakes :-)
Thanks, Katy! Hope you have a great holiday.
I, too, wish you and yours a great Holiday. I neglected to mention your recipe recap…I’ll have some of everything…!!!