With a little touch of sweetness and a little bit of tart, this updated Carrot Cranberry Salad is a delight! It takes 15 minutes to toss together and will please even your pickiest eaters.
One of my favorite old-fashioned salads is the classic carrot and raisin. I love the crunchy carrots with the chewy raisins and tangy-sweet mayonnaise dressing of that well-known standard.
It's a dependable recipe that is enjoyed by both adults and children. I was thinking recently about how I might change that recipe to make it into something a bit different and new and the result is this Carrot Cranberry Salad.
Over the past few years, dried cranberries have become a favorite of many people and I often use them in place of raisins in muffins and breads. That was an easy substitute.
And then in place of the mayonnaise which, curiously, I find many people dislike (mayonnaise lover here!), I thought I'd try yogurt. A vanilla flavored Greek yogurt for sweetness. Worked great!
I added some cinnamon and toasted pecans to the mix and came up with a salad that tastes quite reminiscent of carrot cake or muffins. I just loved it and hope you will, too!
How to Make Carrot and Dried Cranberry Salad
Heat the oven to 350 degrees and toast the chopped pecans until they are slightly darkened. Take care not to overcook, they toast quickly.
While the pecans are toasting, peel and grate the carrots.
In a large bowl, combine the grated carrots, toasted pecans, dried cranberries, yogurt, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine thoroughly.
You Might Also Enjoy ...
- Spring Salad with Strawberries and Sweet Balsamic Dressing
- Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Apple Cranberry Crumble
- Ham and Black Bean Summer Salad
- Black-Eyed Pea Salad
More Carrot Salad Recipes Curated for You
- Classic Carrot Salad from Simply Recipes
- Moroccan Carrot and Chickpea Salad from 101 Cookbooks
- Sesame Cucumber Carrot Salad from White on Rice Couple
- French Carrot Fennel Salad from Steamy Kitchen
- Carrot, Apple and Walnut Salad from Natasha's Kitchen
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Carrot Cranberry Salad
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 6 carrots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and toast the chopped pecans until they are slightly darkened. Take care not to overcook, they toast quickly.
- While the pecans are toasting, peel and grate the carrots.
- In a large bowl, combine the grated carrots, toasted pecans, dried cranberries, yogurt, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.