This Cranberry Pistachio Oatmeal is just a little something different for your mornings. Liven up that daily bowl of oatmeal with these delicious additions.
Oatmeal is a breakfast staple in our house as I’m sure it is in many of yours. We enjoy it all year round and appreciate it for its many, many health benefits!
Not only is it good for you, it’s very budget friendly. But, let’s face it, oatmeal can become a little bit boring, especially if you’re having it several times a week. That same old bowl of mushy oatmeal with a bit of honey and cream starts to look a little unappealing after a while, right?
That’s why I enjoy finding new and interesting ways to serve it, like my Date Nut Oatmeal and this Cranberry Pistachio Oatmeal.
You’d be surprised the difference just a handful of interesting ingredients stirred into your morning oatmeal will make! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
How to Make Cranberry Pistachio Oatmeal
In a medium saucepan, over high heat, bring the water and dried cranberries to a boil.
Stir in the oats and salt. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
Stir in the pistachios and brown sugar. Stir until sugar has completely melted.
Serve with a pat of butter and a drizzle of cream.
More Oatmeal Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
Oatmeal Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Maple Cinnamon Oatmeal from Natasha’s Kitchen
- Creme Brulee Oatmeal from Steamy Kitchen
- Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal from Iowa Girl Eats
- Coconut Cream Baked Oatmeal from Weelicious
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal from Annie’s Eats
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, bring the water and dried cranberries to a boil.
- Stir in the oats and salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pistachios and brown sugar. Stir until sugar has completely melted.
- Serve with a pat of butter and a drizzle of cream.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 209mg Carbohydrates: 67g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 38g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: