Buffalo Chicken Dogs
These Buffalo Chicken Dogs make an easy and quick weeknight dinner. Brats topped with purchased Buffalo style chicken topped with blue cheese and celery.
“Summer time and the living is easy…” Ahhh, summer. School’s out, pools are open, and everyone is relaxed.
As much as I enjoy being in the kitchen, there are times when I really appreciate an easy and quick weeknight meal. I mean, who wants to interrupt the fun at the pool to start getting dinner ready, right? If you’re having a day full of fun, why not take some help from pre-prepared ingredients to make these Buffalo Chicken Dogs and have dinner ready in under 30 minutes.
For this recipe, I chose a prepared Buffalo style chicken available in my supermarket to make a unique sandwich because, really, who doesn’t like Buffalo chicken? These sandwiches start with a brat which is cooked and then topped with Buffalo chicken, blue cheese dressing, and diced celery. You could also use hot dogs or your favorite chicken sausage. That would be just as delicious!
And the reviews? They got two thumbs up at our house!
I’m already thinking of what I can do with some of the other great convenience products that are currently on the market. They’re all budget friendly and great time savers. Besides, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with taking a few shortcuts now and then. Give yourself permission to relax and enjoy the summer!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dogs
Prepare the brats, hot dogs, or sausage according to package directions. I used beer brats but you could use your favorite hot dogs or chicken sausage as well.
In a non-stick skillet, heat the purchased Buffalo style chicken.
While the chicken is heating, dice the celery.
Now, to assemble the sandwiches. If you’re using sub rolls, slice them about 2/3 of the way through the top. Spoon in two tablespoons of blue cheese dressing. Place a brat (or hot dog or sausage) in the bun. Top with a generous amount of Buffalo style chicken. Top the chicken with an additional two tablespoons of blue cheese dressing, a drizzle of Buffalo wing sauce, 1/4 of the diced celery, and blue cheese crumbles.
Serve with celery, carrot sticks, and additional blue dressing if desired.
🧾 More Recipes You’ll Like
- Back to School Dinner – Sloppy Joes
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- BLAT Wrap
- Tuna Melt
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Cheese Florentine
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
I’d LOVE to know what you thought!
Leave a rating below in the comments and let me know how you liked it!
WE’RE ON FACEBOOK, TOO!
If you’d like to hang out with lots of other Southern Comfort Food lovers, make sure to join my FREE PRIVATE Facebook group.
Buffalo Chicken Dogs
- 4 brats or hot dogs, chicken sausage, etc.
- 1 14 oz. package Hormel Buffalo Style Chicken
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 buns sub rolls or hot dog rolls
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Celery and carrot sticks optional
- Prepare the brats, hot dogs, or sausage according to package directions.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the Hormel Buffalo Style Chicken.
- While the chicken is heating, dice the celery.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Slice sub rolls about 2/3 of the way through. Spoon in two tablespoons of blue cheese dressing. Place one brat in the bun. Top with a generous amount of Hormel Buffalo Style Chicken. Top the chicken with an additional two tablespoons of blue cheese dressing, 1/4 of the diced celery, a sprinkle of Buffalo wing sauce, and additional blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve with celery, carrot sticks, and additional blue dressing if desired.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
— This post was originally sponsored by Hormel.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes …
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos from Gimme Some Oven
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup from A Spicy Perspective
- Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs from Closet Cooking
- Buffalo Chicken Corn Chowder from Half Baked Harvest
Doesn’t that look just great? With that side of celery and blue cheese dressing, the Hormel Buffalo Chicken will be a welcome hot/cool treat!
These would go over big with my hubby! I’m more of chicken fan than a hot dog fan…so these are right up my alley!
What a fun way to dress up a hot dog! I always love “buffalo” anything, so these are calling to me.
This combination is so inspired – I really feel like I need one of those dogs in my hand (belly) pronto! I’ll keep my eyes peeled for this product, it sounds tasty.
I hope that I can find some of those Hormel Buffalo Style Chicken in my store! i bet I can! I’m so excited to give this a try !
We love chicken sausages and the toppings you used are perfect!
OK, I would like one of these RIGHT now please? Sounds great to me!
I make easy and quick meals all summer long! I hate to waste any time in a hot kitchen missing out on sunshine. This is the best idea!
WHOA! My family would go crazy for these chicken dogs!