These Buffalo Chicken Dogs make an easy and quick weeknight dinner. Brats topped with purchased Buffalo style chicken topped with blue cheese and celery.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
“Summer time and the living is easy…” Ahhh, summer. School’s out, pools are open, and everyone is relaxed.
As much as I enjoy being in the kitchen, there are times when I really appreciate an easy and quick weeknight meal. I mean, who wants to interrupt the fun at the pool to start getting dinner ready, right? If you’re having a day full of fun, why not take some help from pre-prepared ingredients to make these Buffalo Chicken Dogs and have dinner ready in under 30 minutes.
For this recipe, I chose a prepared Buffalo style chicken available in my supermarket to make a unique sandwich because, really, who doesn’t like Buffalo chicken? These sandwiches start with a brat which is cooked and then topped with Buffalo chicken, blue cheese dressing, and diced celery. You could also use hot dogs or your favorite chicken sausage. That would be just as delicious!
And the reviews? They got two thumbs up at our house!
I’m already thinking of what I can do with some of the other great convenience products that are currently on the market. They’re all budget friendly and great time savers. Besides, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with taking a few shortcuts now and then. Give yourself permission to relax and enjoy the summer!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dogs
Prepare the brats, hot dogs, or sausage according to package directions. I used beer brats but you could use your favorite hot dogs or chicken sausage as well.
In a non-stick skillet, heat the purchased Buffalo style chicken.
While the chicken is heating, dice the celery.
Now, to assemble the sandwiches. If you’re using sub rolls, slice them about 2/3 of the way through the top. Spoon in two tablespoons of blue cheese dressing. Place a brat (or hot dog or sausage) in the bun. Top with a generous amount of Buffalo style chicken. Top the chicken with an additional two tablespoons of blue cheese dressing, a drizzle of Buffalo wing sauce, 1/4 of the diced celery, and blue cheese crumbles.
Serve with celery, carrot sticks, and additional blue dressing if desired.
🧾 More Recipes You’ll Like
- Back to School Dinner – Sloppy Joes
- Bistro Chicken with Cheese and Bacon
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- BLAT Wrap
- Tuna Melt
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Cheese Florentine
More Questions? I’m happy to help!
If you have more questions about the recipe, or if you’ve made it and would like to leave a comment, scroll down to leave your thoughts, questions, and/or rating!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Buffalo Chicken Dogs
- 4 brats or hot dogs, chicken sausage, etc.
- 1 14 oz. package Hormel Buffalo Style Chicken
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 buns sub rolls or hot dog rolls
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Celery and carrot sticks optional
- Prepare the brats, hot dogs, or sausage according to package directions.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the Hormel Buffalo Style Chicken.
- While the chicken is heating, dice the celery.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Slice sub rolls about 2/3 of the way through. Spoon in two tablespoons of blue cheese dressing. Place one brat in the bun. Top with a generous amount of Hormel Buffalo Style Chicken. Top the chicken with an additional two tablespoons of blue cheese dressing, 1/4 of the diced celery, a sprinkle of Buffalo wing sauce, and additional blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve with celery, carrot sticks, and additional blue dressing if desired.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your healthcare provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
— This post was originally sponsored by Hormel.