This Chicken Artichoke Casserole combines cooked chicken with veggies, rice, and cheese for a delicious one-dish supper.
To me, there’s nothing better for supper than a one-dish meal. Protein, veggies, and sometimes starch all in one pot. No muss, no fuss, not much cleaning up. Add a salad and some bread and you’re good to go. Right?
Some of the best one-dish meals are, of course, casseroles. I’ll bet you have dozens of casserole recipes, don’t you? I sure do!
They’re a great way to use up leftover chicken or roast or turkey. Combine one of those with some veggies, a sauce (or soup), and some cheese and you’ve got yourself a casserole.
I was looking for a casserole recipe a few weeks ago to use some chicken and rice and came across a great one that also included artichokes. I fiddled with the ingredients a bit and this recipe is what I wound up with.
Chicken mixed with drained, marinated artichoke hearts, cheese, rice, and veggies. So, so good.
How to Make Chicken Artichoke Casserole
Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and set it aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add the carrot, red pepper, and green onions and cook until the carrot is crisp tender. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the soup, artichoke hearts, chicken, rice, mozzarella cheese, milk, and thyme. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until bubbly. Remove the casserole from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
More Casserole Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Seafood Casserole
- Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
- Southwest Chicken Casserole
- Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Squash and Cornbread Casserole
Chicken Casserole Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Green Chile Chicken Casserole from Gluten Free Easily
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole from Homesick Texan
- Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole from Eat at Home
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole from Bake Your Day
- Creamy Chicken Casserole from Natasha’s Kitchen
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 tblsp. butter
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 12-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (or 2 breasts poached and chopped)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 tblsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the carrot, red pepper, and green onions and cook until the carrot is crisp tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the soup, artichoke hearts, chicken, rice, mozzarella cheese, milk, and thyme.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 227 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 820mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: