Pecan Cheesecake Pie – This luscious dessert is essentially a cheesecake on bottom with a pecan pie on top. So much deliciousness in one bite!
Pecan Pie. Cheesecake. Pecan pie and cheesecake together. Oh, my. Who could resist that?
I knew the minute I saw this recipe years ago in Southern Living Easy Entertaining that it would be a big hit at our house. And since it was a Southern Living recipe I knew that it would be very good.
Southern Living is, after all, the end-all be-all of everything good about living in the south. I have all their annual cookbooks going back to 1987. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve needed a recipe for a party or a special meal and I’ve gone straight to those cookbooks for inspiration.
This Pecan Cheesecake Pie is essentially a standard pecan pie recipe poured on top of a cheesecake layer. Even though it seems like there are lots of steps, it is really simple.
This is a pleasant change from the typical pecan pie and goodness gracious it is ever good. And, believe me I know pecan pies.
Since I grew up in pecan and peanut growing country, pecan pies made frequent appearances on my mother’s table. We always had pecans and peanuts in our house and I still keep both on hand all year round.
How to Make Pecan Cheesecake Pie
Fit the piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to the package directions. Fold the edges under and crimp as desired.
And, yes, I do use those refrigerated pie crusts from the grocery store. I can’t make a pie crust if I had to. Just not my thing.
It was a happy day for me when Pillsbury started selling these. They’re way better than the frozen ones.
Next, combine the cream cheese, 1 egg, ½ cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and salt.
Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Pour the cream cheese mixture into piecrust. Starting to look good already, isn’t it?
Next, chop the pecans and sprinkle them evenly over the cream cheese layer.
In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, corn syrup, remaining 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Whisk everything together until it’s well combined and pour the mixture over the pecans. Place the pie on a baking sheet.
Bake at 350 on the lowest oven rack for 50 to 55 minutes or until the pie is set. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour).
Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
More Pie Recipes on Never Enough thyme:
nut pie recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Brown Butter Pecan Pie from Favorite Family Recipes
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie from A Family Feast
- Walnut Maple Pie from Simply Recipes
- Layered Walnut Pumpkin Pie from Tidy Mom
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1/2 (15 oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fit the piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions. Fold edges under and crimp.
- Next, combine the cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and salt. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into piecrust.
- Next, chop the pecans and sprinkle them evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, corn syrup, remaining 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Whisk everything together until it's well combined and pour the mixture over the pecans. Place the pie on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 on the lowest oven rack for 50 to 55 minutes or until the pie is set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour).
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- BLACK+DECKER 6-Speed Hand Mixer with 5 Attachments & Storage Case, MX3200B
- Pyrex Easy Grab 9.5" Glass Pie Plate, 2 Pack
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 460 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 97mg Sodium: 236mg Carbohydrates: 65g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 53g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: